Moho Rendering No Starting

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shift

Moho Rendering No Starting

Post by shift »

In the past 2 days I have noticed a huge issue with my Moho Pro 14.1. When I try to render a project, the render window does not come up at all or it comes up almost 15 minutes later. I am not sure what the problem could be. It usually comes up within seconds. I am unable to render any projects. Has anyone encountered this problem? How do you fix this. I am trying to render something as we speak and it still has not started rendering within the time i took me to log on, start and finish this post.
slowtiger

Re: Moho Rendering No Starting

Post by slowtiger »

Have you tried the batch renderer instead? Its faster anyway since it doesn't create a screen preview.

If it also doesn't render in batch then something's wrong with the file, I supppose.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Hoptoad

Re: Moho Rendering No Starting

Post by Hoptoad »

I haven't noticed any rendering problems.

The first thing I would check is to see if other applications are using processing power, and therefore not leaving much for Moho.

Also, the more complicated the project, the longer it takes to render. If your scene has a lot of characters, and the characters have a lot of layers, and the layers have a lot of points, and you have a lot of PNG backgrounds, and your animation is long, and you are using line boil and noisy interpolation and other memory-using features, rendering should be slower than simpler scenes with only 1 or 2 characters.

You might consider experimenting. For example, start a new project, make a square, and make the square move across the workspace, and then render it. If it takes a while to render, yes, something is definitely wrong somewhere.

If your scene is complicated and really long (like over a couple minutes), you might consider only rendering only 20 seconds at a time. You could then stitch the pieces together in another application.