Moho Skirt Rigging on side view

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Barbi

Moho Skirt Rigging on side view

Post by Barbi »

Hi guys, please help. How to rig a character with a skirt on a side view? My only solution by now is to point-bind the skirt's upper points to the waist bone and point-bind the lower points to one of the leg thigh bone. So I have to animate the points of the skirts to cover the other leg on the walk cycle. Is there a better solution?
Maestral

Re: Moho Skirt Rigging on side view

Post by Maestral »

That would be the most common approach.
Perhaps adding some bone dynamics to those point bined bones?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Barbi wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:09 am Hi guys, please help. How to rig a character with a skirt on a side view? My only solution by now is to point-bind the skirt's upper points to the waist bone and point-bind the lower points to one of the leg thigh bone. So I have to animate the points of the skirts to cover the other leg on the walk cycle. Is there a better solution?
or just rig and animate the skirt separately from the legs? that way you can have it sway in the breeze or whatever...
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Or maybe just add Actions to the leg bone move the points on the skirt to move when the leg moves.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations