MR Pose Tool 2.1.4 (Update 15.05.2024)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Re: MR Pose Tool 2.1 (Update 05.05.2024)

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 am
KuzKuz wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pm Hello, thank you for the feedback. I have updated the script on the website. Now, when selecting bones, keys should not be created at all. To create keys, click and hold for one second or more. I hope this helps you.
Now that I'm testing it, I see my "click and hold" idea was not very good. It does the job, but the experience is not as good as your double click to reset, because holding is slower, the user don't have a visual confirmation of the freeze (and the bone doesn't move like when it's reset) and the keyframe is not added until the user stops holding so it leads to holding more than neccesary to be sure and looking to the timeline to check if the keyframe was actually added. Not as good experience as the double click, especially when doing this for a few bones. I hope I or someone will have a better idea.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to make keys before OnMouseUp() because calling OnMouseMoved() requires changing the cursor position, and if this is done after a click, the tool will switch to transform mode instead of selection mode.
Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 am Also "keep selection" is being broken by holding to freeze.
You can hold Shift to create keys for multiple selected bones, but I will consider making it work without Shift as well.
Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 am While "keep selection" is not broken by "double click to reset", it resets every selected bone even if "Multi Transform" is disabled, which is unexpected.
It was initially intended that "double click to reset" work for all selected bones, but I will consider tying this to the "Multi Transform" option.
Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 am Other problems I have found is that the bones are still freezed sometimes by a normal click, both in selection and in transform mode.
I can't reproduce the situation where selecting bones creates keys.
Keys can be created if you start moving the cursor after clicking on a bone, but this already works as a transformation, not a selection.
If you can reproduce the problem where keys are created when selecting bones, please record a video demonstration and instructions on how to reproduce it.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 2.1.2
Now, double-clicking on a bone creates keys, while click and hold resets.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 am I can't reproduce the situation where selecting bones creates keys.
Keys can be created if you start moving the cursor after clicking on a bone, but this already works as a transformation, not a selection.
If you can reproduce the problem where keys are created when selecting bones, please record a video demonstration and instructions on how to reproduce it.
Yes, this is what I see. I'm being extra careful to not move the mouse at all. Sometimes I have to click 10 times or so to see the key creation, I think that's what happened when you tried to reproduce it. It's very random.

After the video, I wondered if I could be activating the reset double click clicking too fast so I moved the bones to check if those keys were resetting the bones but no. I also tried Keep Selection on/off, Lock Handles on/off, and double click to reset on/off with the same results.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiyKCw6Xey5Tgp9NFBX ... A?e=YGh2eI

Edit: I just read the change aboout double click to create key and hold to reset. I think that's better.
Daxel

Re: MR Pose Tool 2.1.2 (Update 08.05.2024)

Post by Daxel »

I just tried the new version quickly and the change feels perfect! Thank you.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:08 pm
KuzKuz wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 am I can't reproduce the situation where selecting bones creates keys.
Yes, this is what I see. I'm being extra careful to not move the mouse at all. Sometimes I have to click 10 times or so to see the key creation, I think that's what happened when you tried to reproduce it. It's very random.

After the video, I wondered if I could be activating the reset double click clicking too fast so I moved the bones to check if those keys were resetting the bones but no. I also tried Keep Selection on/off, Lock Handles on/off, and double click to reset on/off with the same results.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiyKCw6Xey5Tgp9NFBX ... A?e=YGh2eI

Edit: I just read the change aboout double click to create key and hold to reset. I think that's better.
What are those scripts you have below the MR tween machine and the MR transform Rig tool respectively?
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

lucasfranca wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 pm
What are those scripts you have below the MR tween machine and the MR transform Rig tool respectively?
They are Toggle Parent Bone (Root) and Update Reference Layer, both by SimpleSam.

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34513

https://mohoscripts.com/script/ss_ref_layer_update
KuzKuz

Re: MR Pose Tool 2.1.4 (Update 15.05.2024)

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 2.1.4
Fixed several bugs.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Cool! Thanks, Eugene! Downloading now and will check it out later today.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 2.1.5
Thank you! The recent changes in the tool have introduced a few bugs. I hope I managed to fix them in this version.
Also, the script now supports the global option Auto-Freeze Keys.
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

amazing,thanks