Pen Pressure with Freehand Lines and Blob Brush?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fallingfeather

Pen Pressure with Freehand Lines and Blob Brush?

Post by Fallingfeather »

I found a similar thread on this topic, but it was from 2021 and for Moho 13.5. I just upgraded to Moho 14 and I'm looking forward to using the blob brush and freehand tools, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get pen pressure to work with it. I have pen pressure checked on in the settings for those tools, obviously. I am using a Wacom Intuos tablet and Windows 10 Pro. I've seen some people talk about turning on/off Windows ink to get it to work, but no matter what settings I fiddle with on Windows Ink it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else had this issue?
Daxel

Re: Pen Pressure with Freehand Lines and Blob Brush?

Post by Daxel »

Pen pressure is working fine here, Huion Tablet with windows 10 and Moho 14.

I disabled windows ink just to check if pressure works without it. It doesn't, so I would double check if it is enabled. In my case my tablet's own software has an option to turn windows ink on and off that overrides windows settings, you I would make sure it is enabled in both windows and your tablet's own software.

As a side note, I noticed the freehand tool being less accurate with windows ink disabled, so if someone is disabling it because they don't need the pressure sentitivity, don't do it.
Fallingfeather

Post by Fallingfeather »

Oh, that did it! I enabled windows ink in my tablet settings, and that worked! Thank you!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

First, make sure you have the latest driver for your Intuos tablet. Also, be sure you have the latest Moho update...this shouldn't matter in this situation, but the latest is 13.5.5, not 13.5.

You mentioned playing with Windows Ink, so, to be clear, you need to enable Windows Ink in the Wacom Control Panel to get pressure sensitivity.

Another critically important Windows Ink tip: Go into Pen & Windows Ink > Additional Pen Settings and disable Let Me Use My Pen As A Mouse. This helps the pen behave properly in Moho.

Use My Pen As A Mouse doesn't affect pen pressure, but it greatly impacts tool behavior and curve quality in Moho 13.5.5 and earlier. Also, some parts of Moho's GUI can break when this option is enabled. This option appears to affect Moho 13.5.5 and earlier for ALL tablets, not just Wacom tablets.

Note: Moho 14 users do not need to disable Use My Pen As a Mouse. Moho 14 runs fine with this option enabled or disabled.

Re: the Wacom Control Panel, I don't currently have my Intuos hooked up, but I think the settings for my Cintiq are similar. As mentioned, you need Windows Ink enabled in the Calibrate panel to get pressure. Note that you can set this option (and others) specifically for any program. So, if you want to enable or disable this option specifically for Moho, be sure to create a button for it. You can do this by clicking the + button to the right, and choosing the version of Moho you wish to apply unique settings to.

Be aware that when you use program-specific settings in the Wacom Control Panel, you need to be sure you have the correct program selected in the Wacom control panel. If you have the All Other button or some other button selected, the changes you make will not affect Moho.

Note: I'm glad to see you already got an answer. I typed this post early in the day and had to leave the house before I finished it, so this info is really for anyone else who needs it. :D