Smart mesh group?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AnimationDog

Smart mesh group?

Post by AnimationDog »

Hi,

I am having an issue with smart mesh.

I have a bitmap image that is linked to a square vector as the smart mesh. I am able to manipulate the image nicely with the smart mesh. However, when I try to pan/move the folder that contains the image and smart mesh nothing happens.

It is a very simple movement, a small cycle using the smart mesh on the image. Then I want to pan the folder/group…….I can’t get it to work.

I could hand draw the sequence. However, I was hoping to use Moho to save some time.
Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks much,
Jason
mmmaarten

Re: Smart mesh group?

Post by mmmaarten »

AnimationDog wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:04 pm Hi,

I am having an issue with smart mesh.

I have a bitmap image that is linked to a square vector as the smart mesh. I am able to manipulate the image nicely with the smart mesh. However, when I try to pan/move the folder that contains the image and smart mesh nothing happens.

It is a very simple movement, a small cycle using the smart mesh on the image. Then I want to pan the folder/group…….I can’t get it to work.

I could hand draw the sequence. However, I was hoping to use Moho to save some time.
Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks much,
Jason
What do you mean by folder/group? AFAIK there's no way to animate a layer group/folder. Only things like layers with a specific purpose or bones. But I might be missing something? Not clear to me exactly what you're trying to do.
It would be easier if you could post a video?
Adults should play more often
AnimationDog

Post by AnimationDog »

Thanks for the reply!
Here is an image that hopefully helps clarify what I am trying to describe.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a1uliesc ... 0c5b8&dl=0
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

AnimationDog wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:34 pm Thanks for the reply!
Here is an image that hopefully helps clarify what I am trying to describe.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a1uliesc ... 0c5b8&dl=0
Ah, you're right, you can actually move the group layer around. I have the same construction in the file I'm currently working on and it's working fine here;
Select the group layer (what you call folder), select the Transform Layer tool, and just move the layer works here.

Not sure why you call that 'panning' tho as what I call panning is when you move a camera horizontally. If you'd like to do that, than use the Pan/Tilt camera tool
AnimationDog

Post by AnimationDog »

It is working now! I have no idea why it wasn't working before. I haven't changed anything in the project. :?

Thanks again!
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

AnimationDog wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:25 pm It is working now! I have no idea why it wasn't working before. I haven't changed anything in the project. :?

Thanks again!
Nice to see it's working now!

Maybe you were on frame 0 by accident? Than it would make sense if things aren't moving because than you're in 'design mode' (perhaps you already knew that, but just to make sure).