Group layers inside frame by frame layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ju111

Group layers inside frame by frame layer

Post by Ju111 »

Hi,
I'm very new to Moho. I saw a tutorial where the guy creates a frame by frame animation with a complex character. He creates a frame by frame layer, and I can't figure out how, he groups his layers INSIDE the frame by frame layer (left arm, right arm, head, hair, lines, colors and so on.) When in frame by frame mode, the options for grouping layers are greyed out, unless I'm on the 0 frame, but when I create a group there, the frame by frame animation doesn't work anymore and anything I've drawn on any layer is visible on each and every frame. Can someone please explain? Thank you.
Maestral

Re: Group layers inside frame by frame layer

Post by Maestral »

Hi,
if it's the one with Bart - he added those folders afterwards and I'm still not exactly sure why.

Note that the folder and its layers are visible only for a few frames so, he used those layered folders as frames.
This could be due to preparing the character in layered PSD so having a fbf drawing on a single layer could not be possible or desired. But still, why he did't used PSD just as a reference and not the base for individual frames in fbf layer - that part is unclear to me.

link to the mentioned video / https://tinyurl.com/27og3q3r
Ju111

Post by Ju111 »

Yes it's that video. Thank you, now I can move on, I really didn't get it :)
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Full sails!
Keep it rocking :)