Why are layer types disabled but are just fine when restarting Moho?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mmmaarten

Why are layer types disabled but are just fine when restarting Moho?

Post by mmmaarten »

Hi,

It happens a lot that I cannot add certain types of layers because these are disabled (grayed out) in Moho Pro 13.5.5 for a reason I don't get (it doesn't matter what layer is currently selected).
After restarting Moho it's all fine; than all layer types are available again. But after a while It's having the same issue again and I need to restart Moho again to have these layer types available.

I've searched everywhere but can't find anything about this thing online nor on this forum.

What's going on here? How to avoid this thing and have layer types just available to add a new layer?

Thanks in advance!

Adults should play more often
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Why are layer types disabled but are just fine when restarting Moho?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I think the issue is that to create some layers you need to be on frame 0.
Since frame 0 is where things are built, this is the behavior of the software by default.
If you want to change it, you can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Tools and uncheck "Enable drawing tools only on frame 0".

I hope this helps.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mmmaarten

Re: Why are layer types disabled but are just fine when restarting Moho?

Post by mmmaarten »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:56 am I think the issue is that to create some layers you need to be on frame 0.
Since frame 0 is where things are built, this is the behavior of the software by default.
If you want to change it, you can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Tools and uncheck "Enable drawing tools only on frame 0".

I hope this helps.
Ah damn, I didn't know that also counted for adding layers. Good to know. That was it!
Thanks Victor!
Adults should play more often