How to fix a smart bone action?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mikadina

How to fix a smart bone action?

Post by mikadina »

Hello. I have been learning moho and playing with rigging a head and ran into problems of one singular action not working. Is there a way to fix it without redoing?
Here is the story:
Image Image
I am happy to say that most things worked. setting up the bones was a learning curve, but not impossible. Smartbone actions are really fun as well. I managed to make the controls for eye blinks, few mouth shapes for possible lip sync. Loving the hair dynamics!

I come from rigging in aftereffects and no head rig is compleate for me, if it can't look up, down and to the sides. The action for up and down did not give me any trouble, but the turning one... it just doesn't work... Maybe I got too confident with my progress that I decided to tackle 360 head turn, just because it was possible. I set up my smart bone. created new action and foolishly spent 3 days creating the turnaround animation inside the action. It looked great for my tastes. here are some screens of the poses.
Since I was happy with the result, I got back to the mainline to play with the bones... and the turnaround bone doesn't not work at all. I am lost to why... Is there a limit to keyframes? Lenght of the action animation? Is there anything to fix this without remaking the action and losing all the work that is already put into it?
Here is a link to my google drive with the project, if somebody can open it and point me what I did wrong and how to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SvgNI5 ... share_link
striker2311

Re: How to fix a smart bone action?

Post by striker2311 »

mikadina wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:13 am
Since I was happy with the result, I got back to the mainline to play with the bones... and the turnaround bone doesn't not work at all. I am lost to why... Is there a limit to keyframes? Lenght of the action animation? Is there anything to fix this without remaking the action and losing all the work that is already put into it?
Here is a link to my google drive with the project, if somebody can open it and point me what I did wrong and how to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SvgNI5 ... share_link

Your rig works well, no problem with that. You just need to name that turn around bone with as same name as the name of action , which is in your case is "Turnaround R".

It should work. Check it once.