Best way to skip or remove a timeline section of project

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

coinman

Best way to skip or remove a timeline section of project

Post by coinman »

I just finished an animation episode that is going to have a part 2. In the beginning of the part 2, I need to have the intro for the show, and would like to show one or two highlights from part 1.

When rendering, is there any way to skip a section or sections of a project? As in, go right from timeline 447 to 5328 and not render the in between part?

If not, any way, to delete a chunk of timeline? As in, delete what is in between 447 and 5328?

I fully realize neither of these might be possible. Just looking to show highlights in a new episode without animating the entire sections again! Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Todd
SimplSam

Re: Best way to skip or remove a timeline section of project

Post by SimplSam »

You can perform 2 seperate exports start-447 and 5328-end, and then recombine them in a Video Editing/Compositing application (or even Moho).

Your best option is to probably start exporting to PNG sequences and then process them in a Video Editing/Compositing application, as the quality of the final output is likely to be better than trying to recombine video files.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
coinman

Post by coinman »

Ah, excellent. That sounds like exactly the advice I need. Thank you!!
coinman

Post by coinman »

Thanks again for the great info. This has indeed been just what I needed - I'm just bringing the sequences right back into Moho.

Has also enabled me to create a great teaser trailer with various highlights. }:^)