I'm Worry About The Future Of Moho.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BrianLucas

I'm Worry About The Future Of Moho.

Post by BrianLucas »

A few months ago I posted a question about when the next version will be, and I never received any answers. Worst of all that post disappeared. Anyone here with the same concern?
LostMarble, then SmithMicro, then back to LostMarble. Any comments?
Greenlaw

Re: I'm Worry About The Future Of Moho.

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not worried. I'm too busy using Moho 13.5.5 to even think about the next release. :D
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Wut? Why? They're active on Social Media, making Webinars all the time... you always know a Software is dead when there's on online activity anymore ;) They're working on the next version which probably needs some extensive development to make it future-proof so better let them take their time and therefore get something that isn't half-baked. Even without a new version, Moho is very lively and active and the added value with the great webinars and highlighting cool stuff on their channels is the best proof for that.

When SM abandoned it a few years back you knew it was over, once their SoMe channels were dead ;) So on that opportunity, shout-out the the great effort in that regard. Only thing missing is an official Discord or officializing Chucky's :P

I made two productions with Moho last Month btw so maybe stop worrying and start animating (they used to do that on paper after all).
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

BrianLucas wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:00 pm A few months ago I posted a question about when the next version will be, and I never received any answers. Worst of all that post disappeared. Anyone here with the same concern?
LostMarble, then SmithMicro, then back to LostMarble. Any comments?
You know how Apple doesn't say things like, "Hey, we will be selling a better iMac in six months" because sales of the current iMac would drop like a paralyzed falcon? I think that's the reason.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

You also have to remember that Moho basically lost out on two years of development because of the whole situation with the former owners so they now have to catch up a bit ;) I have no doubt they will manage though.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

There's nothing to worry about. We are here and working hard :wink:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
toddwaddington

Post by toddwaddington »

You heard it from the boss. ; :P
BrianLucas

Post by BrianLucas »

Thank you, Victor.