Life milestones

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Life milestones

Post by Lost Marble »

A big milestone for my family today, and I realized there's a slight connection to Moho.

Way back in 2004, I warned that Moho development might slow down and I might go quiet for a while when my first child was born. Well, today that child graduated from high school. So if you remember that, then you've been on this Moho journey with me for a long, long time. And I appreciate that.

I know I'm not the only one with big life milestones. As they say, time flies when you're having fun animating. (Or something like that.)

Whether you remember that or not, or if you've just started with Moho, thanks for the support, suggestions, bug reports, ideas, and sharing your work. I feel like I've been doing this for a long time, and I'm still enjoying it, and I've got the Moho community to thank. So thanks!
slowtiger

Re: Life milestones

Post by slowtiger »

Well, we have to thank you for Moho! When I stumbled upon it I just had given up hoping for Animo, which I beta-tested in 1993, to become reasonably priced. CAS folded some time after that anyway. I think I used Moho for paid projects since 2008, maybe even 2006.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hey Mike. I've only been along for the last 11 years. I found AS6 when I was looking for something to add life to my "death by powerpoint" business presentations and our son was born not that long after (I'm sure Moho isn't a fertility drug!). I still use Moho in that context -- I'd have switched completely to Motion Artist if some of the suggested UI changes had been made but ...

My time with AS / Moho has been great - and here's to the coming years!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I came here too late to see you give birth to Moho but soon enough to watch it die. Luckily I stayed long enough to see you and Victor bring it back to life.

Thank you!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Congratulations! And thanks for some great software
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

Lost Marble wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:13 am Way back in 2004, I warned that Moho development might slow down and I might go quiet for a while when my first child was born. Well, today that child graduated from high school. So if you remember that, then you've been on this Moho journey with me for a long, long time. And I appreciate that.
Glad to see you're happy with your journey! We are very happy and excited about the good work you have done and what a beautiful tool you have given us.

I went back to Moho right after I had my daughter, just over a year ago and you guys took back the Moho reins. I think there's a connection there! lol
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow! Congratulations to your child and your family Mike!

This is sobering news. My own child is only two years older so not far from graduation too. It's hard to wrap my head around how quickly time passes when you have children. (I sure feel it though.)

Back then I was a VFX artist at Rhythm & Hues and I was not working in 2D cartoon animation yet, but I'd been following Moho's development from v1 or v2, and it's been exciting to see Moho grow up over the years...like watching another toddler mature into adulthood. 😸
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri May 27, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Congratulations on each and every milestone!

I wasn't there in 2004, but first learned about Moho (v5 I think?) and used it on a project during my internship in 2006. Moho (and life!) sure has come a long way! Happy to be part of it all. 🙂
DK

Post by DK »

Hey great news Mike! My kids/family have also been on the Moho journey since 2002 on a daily basis.
All the best for the next milestone!
Cheers
D.K
Last edited by DK on Sat May 28, 2022 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Congratulations, Mike, and thanks for all the years you've put into your Moho baby...and weathering all the ups and downs. Moho just happened to be the first animation software, of many I tested, that I thought was worth seriously delving into. And it motivated me to learn programming to boot. Untold hours of enjoyment and, sometimes, challenging work over the years.

Very happy to have been along for this much of the ride.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Bit late spotting this post Mike.
Congrats anyway i haven't been here since BeOs but it has been a journey. In that time, I've lived in more than ten houses and lived in three cities :D
Moho has actually been one of the only constants, other apps, even still in my quiver have not been study friends (can software be a friend? ) :roll:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Well, I consider all you guys my friends. And, sure, Moho has been a friend, and a dependable one at that! 😸
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Life milestones
Are we all getting older?
I guess we are.

Dale