Having Problems

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animationprooned

Having Problems

Post by animationprooned »

When I do my animations and i cross parts of the whole figure the parts that lay on top of each other seem to disappears...
I don't know how...what about you?
myles

Overlap gap tutorial

Post by myles »

You need to break down the parts into 2 separate fills.

I've made up an overlap gap tutorial for you.

SWF format, around 400 kB.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
writerhoward

Comment to Myles

Post by writerhoward »

Good tutorial. What other tutorials have you created?

Are they easy to create with Wink? How long did this one take you to make?

Howard
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Just follow the link from the Lost Marble site(links) to Myles website.
"and then Man created god!"
myles

Post by myles »

There are a few extra SWF-based walkthroughs that aren't linked from my site yet (I must set aside some time for updating links).

Assiging a fill - based on part of Tutorial 1.3, for those who prefer a more visual approach.

Selecting shared outline points for adjoining fills - based on part of Tutorial 2.1

Have you got a second fill layer? - another look at fills and a common problem

A quick look at masking - specifically keeping eyelids and pupils inside the eye shape

A chatty look at creating and using Styles

Tutorials are easy and relatively quick to create using Wink - typically anything from about 5 minutes (I think the "Selecting shared outline points for adjoining fills" wasn't much longer than that to create) to about 45 minutes - I think the longest took me about 2 hours - the styles tutorial.

Usually most of the time is caused by my deciding half-way through to use a different example or to take the screenshots again with the toolbar showing or some similar muckup on my part - such as the styles tutorial where I re-did the sample character a couple of times to get the simple shapes that demonstrated the principles without going overboard on the character detail.

Typing the text is the other time-consuming part - especially if you are a 4-fingered typist like me! You can also spend too much time on getting the timing right - I suspect many of my tutorials could do with some revising of the timing, which is why I often just throw in a Next button instead of tweaking the timing.

Wink itself is, like Moho, a pleasure to use - fast, easy, amd reliable. And freeware! (Wink that is, not Moho - but I regard Moho as wonderfully inexpensive for what it does.)

I expect to use Wink for more tutorials in the future.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx