Custom Content Folder

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cartoonmick

Custom Content Folder

Post by cartoonmick »

Hi, I've had Moho Pro 12 for several years now, slowly teaching myself with the various bits and pieces when I need them.

I haven't created a location for the Custom Content folder yet, even though Moho askes me to each time I launch it.

Am I missing out on anything important by not having a location for the CC Folder ??

Cheers
Mick
hayasidist

Re: Custom Content Folder

Post by hayasidist »

IMO, You're not actually missing anything important... but, if you ever feel the need / desire to make use of tools written by "the community" (and there are plenty of custom-built tool scripts out there!) that's where you'll need to put them. Plus, an empty custom folder doesn't use much disk space, so really not much reason not to create one...
cartoonmick

Post by cartoonmick »

Thanks Hayasidist, I appreciate your response.
For the time being, I'll not worry about having one. What I'm doing now seems to work ok.
Cheers
Mick
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

FWIW, I suggest setting the Custom Content folder just so it stops bugging you to do so. 😸

The Custom Content Folder is a location where you can keep extra files used by Moho. This data can be scripts as mentioned above but also any files and settings you expect to re-use in multiple projects. If you use Moho regularly, you're going to want this sooner or later, and it doesn't hurt to set this now.

Point Moho to a location where it can always access the folder. Your documents folder is probably fine; I have my folder on an secondary drive where I keep custom content for other programs I use. You can change this location later if you need to.

After you've set your Custom Content folder, if you ever need to update or reorganize it, you can open the folder from the menu command at File > Open Custom Content Folder.

Hope this helps.