searching for old scripts... hanging_bone.lua

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rafdesign

searching for old scripts... hanging_bone.lua

Post by rafdesign »

Back in 2006 I made I directed a commercial and I used partially Moho. I have been trying to upgrade this old animation to HD and to re-render my elements.
One file keeps asking for a script hanging_bone.lua that I can't find anywhere online.
Does anyone know where to find this script? I must admit that I have not used Moho or Anime Studio Pro since many years, I am rusty.
Also I was wondering if there is a way to run an old version of Moho from circa 2006-2007?

Any help will be appreciated!
synthsin75

Re: searching for old scripts... hanging_bone.lua

Post by synthsin75 »

That script is here: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1928
It was Mike's first example of a layer script.
But nowadays you can do the same without the script, using independent bone angle.

If you're on Windows, you should be able to run older versions, using Windows compatibility mode. Don't know about Mac.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

rafdesign wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:17 pm Also I was wondering if there is a way to run an old version of Moho from circa 2006-2007?
Welcome Back. I can run Moho 5 on Windows 10 without anything special configured. Failing that (and synthsin75's suggestions) you can try using a virtual machine to run an older version of Windows. I am always amazed that Moho had Bones and Actions way back in the day ...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
rafdesign

Post by rafdesign »

Thank you for your help! I am on a Mac, not sure if it would work, nor where I could download an old version. Last version I bought was version 10 and it was true Smith Micro. Prior to that it was on Los Marble. Uh, sounds like centuries ago!
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

You can still download the final versions of Moho 12 / Anime Studio 11 & 10.

Visit: https://my.smithmicro.com - and click the heading that says: Moho 12 / Anime Studio
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You'll want to download the installers from that page and back up. Earlier installers won't work because the SM license servers no longer exist.

Another option is to use a target bone...the advantage with this is that you can turn it off and on as needed. Just parent the target bone to the root bone of the rig. But if you don't need this ability, Independent Angle is the way to go.