Undesired outline

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gono

Undesired outline

Post by gono »

Hi,

I started testing Moho for a personal animation project and love it so far. The only thing that stops me from buying it right now is this weird rendering bug. As you can see in the red circle in the image, there is small blue line outside the white stripe of the shirt of the character.

I checked that the auto fill option is uncheck as I read that it can sometimes create problems. Also, the only shape behind the stripe is the shirt in it self, but they share the same vector points, so, I assume that they should end at the same place. Is there any turnaround or is it definitively a bug?

Thanks!

Gono

EDIT: If it can helps in any way, I am working on Mac OS X 10.4.6 using the latest version of Moho.
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Please have a look here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2952

Cheers
Nolan
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Can you make your Moho file available for download? It sounds like a simple problem, but it's a lot easier to help if the file is in front of you...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I'd try don't overlap/superimpose fills specially if you are not using outline, this could be more complex, but I'd start using an only one fill for each part of the shit instead fill all the shirt with blue and then superimpose the middle write fill to it... only a suggestion, BYE!
gono

Post by gono »

Ramón López wrote:I'd try don't overlap/superimpose fills specially if you are not using outline, this could be more complex, but I'd start using an only one fill for each part of the shit instead fill all the shirt with blue and then superimpose the middle write fill to it... only a suggestion, BYE!
Thanks Ramón, I knew that I should not have two shape overlapping this way, but I guess I didn't realized that the shirt could be made of 3 shapes...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Multiple shapes are very useful. I use them extensively in many situations...

.. but you do need to be carefull how you use them and also "remember" where you used them. Since they are part of the same mesh it is hard to see them as separate shapes and selecting them can be tricky. Keeping track of the order is fun as well.

I think 7feet created custom versions for the raise and lower shape tools that reorder the list in the shape/style pallette... can't remember exactly... I have completely forgotten adding these in but there is a foggy memory of this... and I have the "old" shape tools in a disabled folder so I must have put them in there... anyway they are great for managing shapes.

I would strongly advise naming all the shapes you create. You can set this to be automatic in Moho prefs (also names the bones... this is good too). This is an absolute god send. Later... if you "lose track" of all those shapes you can still track them down. Saved my arse many times since I started to do this. I use to get so confused I would have to delete shapes and start over.

I use the auto naming by default as I work and experiment then I rename them later so they make sense.

-Vern