My animation while animating! Help!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kgeetvcartoons

My animation while animating! Help!

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

While animating characters that are not that complicated I noticed in Moho 12 and now Moho 13 that My characters freeze while lip syncing and while animating. I looked on forums in here and there is some script by "Wes" to get rid of negative keyframes. I tried downloading but I don't see, cant find the script in Moho. I even associated the script for Moho and I still can't find it to solve the problem. I'm working with a pretty adequate computer so I shouldn't have any slow downs at all. If there is an in app fix by all means please tell me because it's making animating a laborious task and is taking me forever! If there is a correct way to download that "Wes" script please tell me. It's making my cartoon production suck ass really bad!
Daxel

Re: My animation while animating! Help!

Post by Daxel »

The script is here:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32714&p=193567&hil ... pt#p193567

I recomend you using this forum's own search bar :)

If you don't know how to install scripts in Moho, Mult Rush does an excellent job explaining it here (it has subtitles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUw1dhpBNEs

Another tip: If the script doesn't find negative keyframes or you keep having performance problems, try deleting the reference layers and creating them again because they can get corrupted in certain situations. When that happens the .moho file size increases a lot and causes performance problems but what I told you solves the problem easily.
Greenlaw

Re: My animation while animating! Help!

Post by Greenlaw »

1. Download Wes' script from here: Find and Delete Negative Keyframes

2. With Moho 12.5 open, select File > Open Custom Content Folder. if this command isn't available, it means you haven't set a Custom Content Folder yet. To set it, select Edit > Preferences. You can set the path at the bottom of the window. The Custom Content Folder can be anywhere you like; I suggest setting it somewhere local, like maybe in a 'Moho' folder inside your Documents folder so Moho always has access to it.

3. When you have the Custom Content Folder open, open the Scripts folder, then the Menu folder. Here, make a folder for custom scripts. I like to name mine '+Special', which forces the menu to the top of the menu list, but you can call it anything you like.

4. Put the syn_negative_keys.lua script in this folder. Now you can close these folders.

5. Quit Moho and restart it. This will add the new script. (Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L...this reloads scripts without quitting Moho.)

6. Open a copy of the Project that's giving your trouble. To be safe, make sure you're working with a copy!

7. Now you should see SYN: Negative Keys listed under the Scripts menu, inside the sub menu you created ('+Special' on my computer). Select the script, and it will do its magic. If it finds any negative keys, it will ask if you want to delete them. Say yes. (Understand that there is a possibility that this can mess up your Project file, which is why you should work with a copy. Chances are, everything will be fine though.)

8. Save your cleaned Project file and you should be ready to go.

Hope this helps.

Note 1: Under the Script menu, there is a command that tells Moho to install the script for you, but it requires that the script have a specific folder structure already set up. TBH, I'm so used to installing scripts manually (as described above,) that I almost never think to use this feature, but it's good to know about when the script author has a very specific setup in mind.

Note 2: the '+Special' folder is just something I do to keep things tidy. I actually go a step further by adding sub-folders by author inside that folder. You can use any structure that works best for you.

Note 3: the steps are the same for Moho 13.0 but the reload scripts shortcut is different. Frankly, I'd stick with Moho 12.5, and wait until Moho 13.5 comes out before setting this up for this version.