how to reinstall Moho 13

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

willwillwill

how to reinstall Moho 13

Post by willwillwill »

Hello
I tried to use the Smith micro help line but they required loads of technical specks I didn't have handy so I hope it's ok.
Basically, my Moho 13 started not opening and telling me I need to reinstall moho. I have now successfully uninstalled it but i think along with it went the installer. I think I still have my licence key around somewhere, if I could get a moho 13 installer I would be very grateful
thanks
willwillwill

Re: how to reinstall Moho 13

Post by willwillwill »

Just an update,
I did manage to find an installer that was old, I installed it and am now getting the exact same message which is
A fatal error occurred loading this application
reinstall the application the application to correct the problem. (Error -2023)

This was the original message I was getting which prompted me to uninstall, then I found an older installer and got the exact same message. I am just now trying to finish a project that has taken me a few years, I am hoping it is something that can be fixed but at this point I don't know how.

Thanks so much
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

It may help - if you let (us) know what version of operating system you are using.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You can download the latest installer from here:

https://www.mohoanimation.com/moho-updates.shtml
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

I used the installer a number of times, tried restarting and it's the same message. I'm afraid I am not get with this sort of thing. I guess it could be my computer. If I downloaded the Mac version into a different Mac laptop would it a) still work and b) would the content I made on the last PC still work with the Mac Moho?

Thanks
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

A moho file will always open in the Moho application with the same (or a higher) version number it was last saved with, on Mac and PC.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

That's great news, and I can use the same licence key on a Mac as I did on my PC? One problem is I wouldn't be able to take the license key out of the pc version because I can't open it (the whole issue in the first place) so would I be able to transfer without having to buy the whole thing again?