*UPDATED 3/1/19* Layer Shortcuts tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: *UPDATED 3/1/19* Layer Shortcuts tool

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Wes,

I took another look at this early test file and, even though Layer Shortcuts is working fine where I really need it now, it still has a problem with this particular project file:

eyeTest_02.moho

What happens: when I have Scope set to Local, select a nested layer, and then create a button for the layer, the Layer Shortcuts layer is always created outside of the Top group.

Personally, I think this project file is somehow messed up, and it's not Layer Shortcuts that's misbehaving. For any other project file, new and old, Layer Shortcuts seems to be working correctly for me.

It's nothing critical but I thought you might want to look at it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ran out of time tonight to look into it. Might have to wait for the weekend.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

No worries. I don't think I've seen this happen in other projects so it may be a fluke.

Whenever you have the time, let me know what you learn. Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just a quick follow up for Layer Shortcuts users. I heard from Wes regarding the error I ran into with that project I uploaded, and he figured out what was going on. For some reason, Layer Shortcuts isn't able to set a Bones layer as the Top Group.

As time permits, He's looking into fixing this. Hopefully we'll see an update soon.

Until then you can avoid using Local and just move the folder manually.

Apart from that, Layer Shortcuts in Button mode seems to be working fine with my Moho Pro 13 character rigs.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Please make tutorial "How to", I little confused using this script, since I not expert in english, there always its hard to understanding script without step or video brother, thx.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If you haven't seen this already, here's a video I made for installing and using Layer Shortcuts:

Introduction To Layer Shortcuts

This covers all the basics. I'll try to make a project specific video at a later date that includes using Layer Shortcuts.
Trizul96

Re: Introduction to Layer Shortcuts Tutorial Video

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm Hey guys,

Here's a tutorial video I made for installing and using Wes' Layer Shortcuts script for Moho Pro. I hope you find it helpful in getting started with this incredibly useful tool.

can you upload it brother, the link is broken
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm If you haven't seen this already, here's a video I made for installing and using Layer Shortcuts:

This covers all the basics. I'll try to make a project specific video at a later date that includes using Layer Shortcuts.
I click it many times, try open it by phones and pc, but it show (always appear "problem loading page")
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's strange. Can you play anything from the Vimeo website?

Here's a direct link to the vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/331818695

If there is some kind of regional restriction, I don't think I can do anything about that. :(
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trizul96

Re: Introduction to Layer Shortcuts Tutorial Video

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm Hey guys,

Here's a tutorial video I made for installing and using Wes' Layer Shortcuts script for Moho Pro. I hope you find it helpful in getting started with this incredibly useful tool.

Sorry brother, I Noticed recently, there is a reason vimeo was blocked in my country, but after I using vpn its work, and thx for your tutorial, its help me a lot.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Awesome! I'm glad you found a solution.

If you have any questions about Layer Shortcuts after watching the video, just ask here. I'm sure Wes, I or someone else here will respond.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 pm Awesome! I'm glad you found a solution.

If you have any questions about Layer Shortcuts after watching the video, just ask here. I'm sure Wes, I or someone else here will respond.
Thanks for the replay brother, Your explanation is very clear and understandable, actually, I have a little problem, whenever I click on the script, there is always a dialog box( Lua console) appears and it says "lua 544 (Nil value), but that doesn't matter as long as the script works correctly. I run windows 7 64 bit as my OS
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sounds familiar. Maybe this will help?

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 23#p188616

If it's not that, hopefully Wes can pop in with a definitive answer.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:02 pm Sounds familiar. Maybe this will help?

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 23#p188616

If it's not that, hopefully Wes can pop in with a definitive answer.
Nice Info brother, cause I haven't update my moho to v13, so I only need to create new shortcut in edit keyboard shortcut, now the script run correctly without error or any dialog appears, thx so much, I really appreciate it.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I'm running into the same Layer Shortcuts script failure issue with Moho 13.5.

NOTE: I still have Moho 12.5 installed and the script works OK.

After trawling this topic, I have set a separate Custom Content Folder for v13 and also deleted the "Moho Pro13.user.settings" file and set up a custom keyboard shortcut file.

With a new simple file with a couple of vector layers, when clicking the Layer Shorcuts icon button, the LUA console error message reads:
"<path to CCF>\Moho Pro\Scripts\Tool\syn_layer_shortcuts.lua:527: attempt to index local 'pfile' (a nil value)"

Out of curiosity I had a look at the LUA script and found it refers to "/Smith Micro/" on lines 514 and 516.

Does this mean the script will need an update to work with v13.5 now that "Smith Micro" is no longer in the app install path?
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk