Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

Post by DK »

Hi.
Just wanted to start a thread on Content Paradise. I received a letter today regarding its shutdown and moving all products over to Renderosity. I know there's a few CP sellers on the forum and would love to hear your thoughts on this or any info that can be added from Smith Micro. I've been expecting this for a while now. Does anyone else get the feeling of dark clouds forming on the horizon?
Why dismantle a piece of valuable infrastructure that helps support your main products?

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Re: Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

Post by synthsin75 »

I'll be surprised if anyone could find Moho products on Renderosity. Might work for Poser stuff though.
DK

Post by DK »

That's a strong argument for starting your own site to sell Moho products rather than porting your products to Renderosity as they have offered. As another bit falls off, how long Moho will be around is the next question.

D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Well, they're still spending money to develop Moho, so hopefully they're just becoming leaner and meaner.
IMO, Moho products were often swamped by 3D stuff, even if you tried to search only 2D stuff.
At least sellers like Cartoon Solutions seem to have a quality standard. But yeah, opening your own online store may be the best bet.
DK

Post by DK »

I don't sell much of anything these days on CP so I'm not particularly worried about it. It was a bit of fun and some beer money every now and then. Your right....that site was flooded with a lot of garbage as well as the 3D stuff so it was a wonder Moho content even sold.

D.K
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

DK wrote:Hi.
Just wanted to start a thread on Content Paradise. I received a letter today regarding its shutdown and moving all products over to Renderosity. I know there's a few CP sellers on the forum and would love to hear your thoughts on this or any info that can be added from Smith Micro. I've been expecting this for a while now. Does anyone else get the feeling of dark clouds forming on the horizon?
Why dismantle a piece of valuable infrastructure that helps support your main products?

Cheers
D.K
This is quite a shock and the first I've heard of it.
When is this going to happen?
How does it affect a vendor who already has products in a store on the renderosity site?
If you know the answer or know someone who does Please enlighten me. Thanks.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Goodbye, CP! It was fun back in the days when vendors received email alerts for every transaction! My mailbox would explode with sales receipts! Since ownership switched hands everything went downhill. Sales data that were previously available to vendors were taken away! Instant sales receipts to your mailbox were taken away! Branded vendor pages that displayed each vendor's bestselling products were taken away! Revenue share split was increased for them and reduced for the vendors! It all went downhill. The vibrancy disappeared, content sales dried up and the store became a shadow of a store. What was once paradise, became hell! The Grim Reaper was at the door! :roll:
Last edited by jupitor6 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Still doing it.
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

This is quite a shock and the first I've heard of it.
When is this going to happen?
How does it affect a vendor who already has products in a store on the renderosity site?
If you know the answer or know someone who does Please enlighten me. Thanks.
Content Paradise will officially be taken offline on November 12, 2018.
Still doing it.
gdub

Post by gdub »

It was fun while it lasted. More like a hobby that paid for itself for me. I doubt if I'll move to Renderosity.

https://www.contentparadise.com/SearchI ... oons%201o1
pihms

Post by pihms »

I had fun with the experience and the motivation to develop better products as time went. I felt that I was just starting to develop a better quality of items recently. I agree, many of the items in the store probably shouldn't have been in the store, if you're looking for quality and professionally created items. I was also bothered by the 3D items, or Poser rendered items being placed in the Moho section. I really appreciate the way Daz3D has their store organized and has a quality control set-up. It also appears that they have one artist that will take the items being sold and creating the front end display, though I could be wrong on that. It would be nice to have a store in which someone could say "yeh" or "nah" to the quality to encourage the items that would reflect the professional quality that is Moho. That being said, I believe some, if not many, of my items would be turned away, which I'm fine with that. The feed back of what is expected would be welcomed. Cartoon Solutions is a fine example of quality work, as well as a site that has organized and displayed their content well. My hopes are that with this transition to Renderosity their will be a special area for Moho content. If I were to make my own store, I would want to have the quality control and display, open to 2D content of other professional animation software along with png files, vectors, and Photoshop files that would lend itself for the purpose of importing into an animation creating program. That is the other great thing about Cartoon Solutions, they develop their products to be used on multiple animation programs. Moho is a tremendous product, I hope they keep going for a long time.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Overall, the CP paid Moho content doesn't even compare well to the Anime Studio Tutor free content, that does have a rating system.
pihms

Post by pihms »

gdub wrote:It was fun while it lasted. More like a hobby that paid for itself for me. I doubt if I'll move to Renderosity.

https://www.contentparadise.com/SearchI ... oons%201o1
I hope you would put your work on Renderosity. Your work is quite good and one of the few that has that professional and quality to it.
pihms

Post by pihms »

jupitor6 wrote:Goodbye, CP! It was fun back in the days when vendors received email alerts for every transaction! My mailbox would explode with sales receipts! Since ownership switched hands everything went downhill. Sales data that were previously available to vendors were taken away! Instant sales receipts to your mailbox were taken away! Branded vendor pages that displayed each vendor's bestselling products were taken away! Revenue share split was increased for them and reduced for the vendors! It all went downhill. The vibrancy disappeared, content sales dried up and the store became a shadow of a store. What was once paradise, became hell! The Grim Reaper was at the door! :roll:
Maybe that'll change with a new store. To me I have nothing to lose and it's worth a try. If anything, I will get a few bucks each month for my efforts.
pihms

Post by pihms »

DK wrote:I don't sell much of anything these days on CP so I'm not particularly worried about it. It was a bit of fun and some beer money every now and then. Your right....that site was flooded with a lot of garbage as well as the 3D stuff so it was a wonder Moho content even sold.

D.K
I really don't see anything new from you recently DK, that could be part of it. You really do a nice job with your designs and they lend themselves well to Moho.
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Smith Micro Announces New Strategic Partnership with Renderosity

Posted by Smith Micro Blogger on Sep 14, 2018 12:04:30 PM

We have some exciting news to share with you!

We have been actively reviewing how to better support the great community of Poser content creators, vendors, and customers. After taking into consideration a wide variety of factors, Smith Micro has decided to form a new and stronger Strategic Partnership with Renderosity.

We are very excited to announce that Renderosity will now become the official Poser content marketplace! Furthermore, Renderosity and Smith Micro will increase their collaboration on spearheading efforts to improve the Poser content ecosystem.

As a result, we will be shutting down the Content Paradise marketplace on November 12, 2018, and moving our own content to Renderosity. This effort will give us the opportunity to maximize the value that this partnership will create for the community, and our future efforts on enhancing the Poser software.

We appreciate the contributions our content creators have made with us over the life of Content Paradise, and are looking forward to this new and exciting journey for the whole Poser community.

Thank you!

The Team at Smith Micro Software, Inc.
The bold highlights are my own. Did anyone say Moho content creators?.. Moho content marketplace?... Moho community?.. Moho what?.. No surprises there! :roll:
Still doing it.