Better Gradients in Moho

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontoonz

Better Gradients in Moho

Post by Toontoonz »

Gradients in Moho....well, they just leave a lot to be desire.

Since Moho gradients stay oriented to the main screen, not the object, the only time one can use a gradient in Moho is if the object is not moving and the camera is not moving.
If either movement is happening and a Moho gradient is present it makes everything look a bit bizarre because the gradient stays fixed to the alignment of the screen, not the object.
Example: my rocket has a color of yellow on the left, green on the right - with a gradient color going from yellow to green along the top and bottom and mid section. If I rotate the rocket 90 degrees the rocket has changed its color scheme - the back (left) is no longer solid yellow, the front (right) no longer solid green.

In other vector drawing programs vectors move in relation to the object, they are not acting like a mask aligned to the main screen.

----
In Moho one can only choose two colors in a gradient - other vector programs allow virtually an unlimited amount of colors and different shapes of gradiation.

In Moho one can´t adjust the percentage of each color in the gradient - more domination of one color, less of the other.

Can the gradients in Moho be made to function as in other graphic programs?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

This is the feature that I most of all want to see in moho at the moment. This would be simply wonderful. And I don't think it should be too hard to fix. Gradient fills are very important parts of my animations, but they don't work at all as I wan't them to.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, of course I'd love it too as I've said in other occasions... Really I'd like to see the moment when all Shape Effects (not only Gradients, although I agree that it's the most important of they) works fine in all situations... I take advantadge to claim too (again) for that misterious keyframes "created" when you animate gradients be VISSIBLE please, an sorry for ask it again, but it's only that the actual situation is too much... strange? :? CIAO!
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

You can animate gradients? Hell's bells!

Yes, now gradients are number two on my list (behind motion graph improvements).
cribble

Post by cribble »

I would like this very much. Also, better gradient controls (like Flash's gradient points)
--Scott
cribble.net