Record my realtime actions? Automation feature wanted !

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jepster

Record my realtime actions? Automation feature wanted !

Post by jepster »

HEy . Is it possible to record my actions?
I would like to record moving the bones of a model.
When I am making music videos and want a model to move to the music it would be alot easier to just record the movement I do realtime with the mouse. A feature like this is like doing write/read automation in music production like in Cubase and logic.
Hope somebody can help me or that MOHO want to implement it into future versions of MOHO
From Jesper
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi jepster!

You can record your animations in real time, just start play in timeline and move your bones and it will be recorded, the problem is, if you want to do it live to your music, that moho will not be able to play at the real framerate so the music will be a bit slow, unless you have a really fast and powerful computer.
I'm running a powermac 1.3gig dual but moho will still slow down the framerate.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Sorry that i have to disagree.
There are ways (if you dont already do why you came here for) of improving the playback speed.
For instance making layers invisible that are not actually used for animation when playing back.
The "hardcorest" way i do when i need it, is to simply turn off all display settings features except the outlines.
For me then the sound plays back in REALTIME.

Just a tip from me. To everyone for whom it works as well.

Regards.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

You're right of course mr.blaaa! :oops:
I was to fast answering this post without thinking twice, yes indeed this will speed up the framerate if you reduce the wieving options, sorry 'bout that
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

You are right about speeding up playback by limiting the detail and layer visibility, however when recording movements when playing the timeline slows to a crawl. It can't keep up adding keyframes. I just tried an empty project, playback was about 23fps, when I moved a bone it slowed down to almost a dead stop. I would like to see the mouse recording improved so natural motions can be recorded better. Maybe with an external program that can record mouse pointer values and then import that data into Moho?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I always have asked for something like this as well as supported when others have asked for it... I think that it'd be the PERFECT feature for a program like Moho and could save a lot of time, and offer GREAT results (I always get funny moving my characters in editing view and always wonder whyI could not record it!) ...The real time issue is an impediment, yes... but there should be a way to can solve it (or almost) maybe an automatation when you are using this feature for addapts Moho interfaz to gets better results as possible, I mean, automatic "Fast Buffer", only "Construction Curves" for the selected layer, close TimeLine window and REopen it then, reduce the editing view to half (or even minimun) size... and other possible things, that maybe only LM can know... Well, I must said that I dislike the idea of another external application for something like this, because finally Moho could have hundreds and hundreds of applications if there is a one for each thing to do, should have a way to get it inside Moho at last, cause all animation programs that I know offer this possibility, even those where really would not be SO usefull as for Moho... Only an oppinion... CIAO!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i agree with that. always are better the movements wich you make when try the bones than the other.

(qué tal ramón?... ves?, no es que me meta poco al foro, es que escribo poco, pero leo harto)