BINO AND FINO.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

xothermik

Post by xothermik »

hi people just want to share a free episode from the bino and fino dvd. hope you all like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyIrevk6 ... re=related
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

comments and criticisms will be welcome
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Hi,

As I told you before I'm a fan of your show. It's very much influenced by "charlie & lola" of course, but that doesn't bother me. That's about the best inspiration you can find anyway when it comes to making a successful tv-or video-series that talks straight to children, and works on the basis of identification by the target audience. And I think you have done a good job of it in your series.

If you want to raise the quality of the show even further and really nail that children's audience reaction of "hey, that could have been me!" I think the simplest and fastest way of achieveing that is to work a little more on the soundtrack.

Have you considered using children's voices? I know it can be a little intimidating, and if you ask around for advice many people probably will tell you NOT to involve children in any recording sessions... :-)

However, if you can afford to spend a couple of days on casting, looking for intelligent, patient and interested children with a good level of development when it comes to their use of language, and then spend a couple of days on getting to know them and help them understand what you are doing.... - then the result can be very magical. And the process of getting there might even be FUN once you engage in it.

And it really isn't that difficult as you maybe might believe to get children to deliver. You can trust me on this one, I have been casting and training small children for television performance for over ten years... and I do have some fast tips and tricks that I gladly could share with you if you are interested.

cheers :-)
Cap
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

oh hi cap. thank u very much for all your support. about sharing the tips on working with kid voice talents, absolutely. by the way i hope you watched the new link i put up because the old one had a narration while in the new ones we went for the bart simpson method which of course is getting a lady to do a really low pitch rendition of her voice. we thought of using kids before but the director who is the main financier is scared of how difficult it can be and trying to avoid prolonging and stretching the already thin budget with experimentation with kids. we are trying to work with sponsors for the next d.v.d so perhaps he might have more faith in that. but in anycase im really interested in learning your tricks to working with kids. as you mentioned it might actually be easier than we thought.
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

I'll send you a PM.

cap
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

Hi everyone. Bino and fino cartoon recently made a story on CNN international and wanted to share. It was an interview with the producer of the show.

edition.cnn.com/2012/02/23/world/africa/nigeria-cartoon-bino-fino/index.html?hpt=iaf_mid
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It's featured on CartoonBrew!
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/bino-and- ... odeon.html

Some of the comments are hilarious, that Matt Sullivan completely misses the point and rants on and on, obviously about his very personal problem with US producers.
rocky53204

slowtiger reference to eric carle, 404, link broken

Post by rocky53204 »

Can be found at:

http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html

As usual, slowtiger nailed it, fantastic visuals for cut work.
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

It works. Just checked it again.
@slow tiger. Very interesting comments indeed :-) .
Ur response was on point as usual.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Congratulations on the coverage. You are a good spokesman as well as a good animator!
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

that wasn't me in the interview but the producer or financier as well as the publicist of the show. for the record especially among fellow animators, i was the sole animator of the project and did all the asp vector work and rigging as well as come up with the sustainable fast system and work flow as well as story board and a lot of the directing. i helped with the character design and i also introduced the company to ASP and 2d animation which it never did before i joined.
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

hey guys! the show recently made a bbc interview as well . again it was the producer of the show interviewed by bbc's dan damon. you can listen to the interview on the following link.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php? ... play_media
xothermik

Re: BINO AND FINO.

Post by xothermik »

Hello every one.

I just want to know if any one here knows who or where to contact regarding me wanting to be an anime studio software reseller here in Nigeria. There's virtually no structure for e commerce or ordering from here. Not even a paypal account is granted from this country. Our studio was only lucky our boss travels to the U.K once in a while and I was able to convince him to Buy us a copy. Many upcoming animators are inspired to produce their own shows and when they ask me for tips. Particularly software I advice them to get a genuine copy to avoid any illegalities especially if they plan to go global like bino and fino. but most have no way of buying even though they are willing to make the financial investment. I'm planning a series of workshops on anime studio and it would be great if people could pick up the software there as well. Any information would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Fahim

Re: BINO AND FINO.

Post by Fahim »

xothermik wrote:Hello every one.

I just want to know if any one here knows who or where to contact regarding me wanting to be an anime studio software reseller here in Nigeria. There's virtually no structure for e commerce or ordering from here. Not even a paypal account is granted from this country. Our studio was only lucky our boss travels to the U.K once in a while and I was able to convince him to Buy us a copy. Many upcoming animators are inspired to produce their own shows and when they ask me for tips. Particularly software I advice them to get a genuine copy to avoid any illegalities especially if they plan to go global like bino and fino. but most have no way of buying even though they are willing to make the financial investment. I'm planning a series of workshops on anime studio and it would be great if people could pick up the software there as well. Any information would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance.
You can contact me directly and I will put you in touch with the right people here at Smith Micro.

Regards,

Fahim