Earth Savers (airing in Sweden, Finland and Norway)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Thanks for the kind comments!

Anecdote from the weird world of television: The guy I worked with originally wanted to make Earth Savers as a single live action documentary.
He asked me to make a short animated pilot to have something to show potential financiers. That way he could say to them "this is what it will look like, but live action".

But when SVT (sort of like the swedish version of BBC) saw it, they liked the animation so much they suggested to make it all animated. They also suggested to make it a six part series instead of just a short documentary.

So yay, more work for me! We remodeled the whole plan to an animated series. Then when we went back to SVT, the person who would actually decide whether to fund us didn't like it at all. That person thought it would be too weird to never see the real people behind the voices...

So they passed and we went to UR (like the learning channel) who liked it and bought it. UR, like SVT, is financed by the state and a lot of their programs air on SVT which is why Earth Savers will air on SVT2.

So first SVT wants us to make it animated, then they pass on it because it's animated and then it airs on SVT anyway...
Genete wrote:And even a game in html5!
Although not a very advanced game...
but "crossmedia" seems to be the big thing in Sweden right now so there is a chance that we may get some money to develop more games and interactive stuff related to Earth Savers.
AmigaMan wrote:Did you use HitFilm too?
Yes, I love the particle engine. I use particles for when I need to duplicate stuff as well, like these garbage piles:
I think they're made up of five different pieces of garbage.
One advantage (of many) that the HitFilm particle engine has over the AS particle engine is that you can get color variations on particles.