Do you use a graphics/drawing tablet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Do you use a graphics/drawing tablet with Anime Studio?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 47
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

As Manu said, selecting de selecting onion skin is the hardest to do with a tablet in ASP.
vidi

Post by vidi »

I have no mouse, too :lol:
Most time, I'm working with AS on my asus slate.It is a computer and a graphics tablet in one .For me is direct eye contact to workspace and pen a nice feature. I have no problem with selecting
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I use the 3 button marble mouse which is discontinue, and using the intuos 6x8 tablet. Looking for an old 9x12 tablet to convert a 15 inch LCD into a cintiq tablets.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I haven't hooked up my tablet in a good year or so. Maybe I'll reinstall the drivers and try it again...
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

InfoCentral wrote:I haven't hooked up my tablet in a good year or so. Maybe I'll reinstall the drivers and try it again...
YOU HAVE A TABLET AND DON'T USE IT!!!! :o
Heheh, cool, let us know how you like ASP with it! :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I'm going to change my vote (not the vote itself as I voted YES anyway) but over the last few days i've been using my tablet with AS - it's less tiering on the hands.

I agree with Gilles though, there's something wrong with the onionskinning controls, i always have to click 16 times in quick succession to actually get it to turn off...
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

funksmaname wrote:I'm going to change my vote (not the vote itself as I voted YES anyway) but over the last few days i've been using my tablet with AS - it's less tiering on the hands.

I agree with Gilles though, there's something wrong with the onionskinning controls, i always have to click 16 times in quick succession to actually get it to turn off...
The reason it is so hard to turn onion skinning off with a tablet is that, when you touch the stylus down on the tablet to register a click, it is very hard not to also move it slightly, which AS interprets as a click followed by a drag. What happens is, the initial click turns off the onion skinning, but the drag instantly turns it back on again! This is a bug, pure and simple.

The fix would be to ignore the drag until the cursor gets dragged over to a different frame than the one that was initially clicked in. If this got done, perhaps it would mean that onion-skinning could get left enabled and we wouldn't have to re-enable it every time we restart AS.

I actually use my laptop's touch pad, so this is a non-issue for me since the button is completely separate from the touch pad, but I still remember how annoying it was when I used the mouse on my desktop.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I just ordered the new pen and software to install it again so it should be coming soon and I'll install the 12'' beast once again.