New from Little Green Dog

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: New from Little Green Dog

Post by Greenlaw »

What's shown above is Google Spreadsheet--it's part of Google Docs. I like it because it's easy to access and share with others who may be on the project. Alternatively, I use OpenOffice.org, which has a pretty good spread sheet too.

The advantage with Google Spreadsheet is that it works with Drive so you can easily access it from any computer. Of course this typically assumes you always have internet connection. It's possible to use Google Spreadsheet offline if you're using Chrome but Chrome started showing a bad memory leak on any of my computers over a year ago, so I went back to using Firefox. Google Spreadsheet works perfectly fine with Firefox but then you can't use it offline unfortunately.

I also use Google Spreadsheet at my workplace to set up my personal X-sheets. They have a custom version of Chrome which doesn't seem to have the memory issues I run into with the public version of Chrome.

I'm thinking of going back to using OpenOffice.org. With Dropbox, you can have access to your sheets on any computer plus you can use it offline when necessary.

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
djwaterman

Re: New from Little Green Dog

Post by djwaterman »

Thanks, I thought it might be Google docs, great titles also.