Animals with Talent - a short, wacky, Moho 12 animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sidsquid

Animals with Talent - a short, wacky, Moho 12 animation

Post by sidsquid »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym5r-7rabSc

As a relatively new user I firstly, and most importantly, want to thank every one of you who's contributed to this forum. I can honestly say that I'd have given up trying to use Moho without being able to refer to your contributions. Moho is a complicated bit of kit, with so many ways to do things - which is great AFTER you've figured the whole thing out!

I've just completed my 2nd short animation with it (see the above link). It's about the wacky things that happen in a cheesy game show for talented animals. A surreal, stream of consciousness, Pythonesque sketch in which a Kooky Kat impersonates donkeys, chickens and kangaroos. It also features a pack of laughing hyenas and an Australian drunk.

I've been using Moho for about 6 months, so I still have LOTS to learn, so if anybody has some constructive criticism for how I can improve my work please send me a comment.

Cheers and thanks again for all of the info in your threads,
muhire

Re: Animals with Talent - a short, wacky, Moho 12 animation

Post by muhire »

hallo,
i dont know how much you have been drawing or animating, yet that s fantastic.

making cool animal design is not easy for everybody. you nailed it

about animation, i am not a master just as you can make 30sec or above it is great achievement.

your timing is not too fast nor lagging which is GREAT (well planified), but as long as you keep moving, you will do great *passing position/ breakdowns, and fixing Ik bones, and offset timing as some parts were moving at same speend.

i wish you good luck and if you can buy a book called "aninator's survive kit" by richard william, that would be great assets.
peace
sidsquid

Re: Animals with Talent - a short, wacky, Moho 12 animation

Post by sidsquid »

muhire wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:51 pm your timing is not too fast nor lagging which is GREAT (well planified), but as long as you keep moving, you will do great *passing position/ breakdowns, and fixing Ik bones, and offset timing as some parts were moving at same speend.

i wish you good luck and if you can buy a book called "aninator's survive kit" by richard william, that would be great assets.
Hi Muhire, thanks so much for your feedback. Apologies for taking a while to respond - I didn't get notified you'd replied, so didn;t notice it until this morning.

You're right to point out that I could improve things by doing a much better job of applying the classic principles of animation. In the past I've been so focussed on creating and rigging characters that the animation has suffered as I've blasted through it too quickly to try to finish it in my lifetime(!!!).

I'll take your advice and check out the "animator's survical kit" and spend more time working on the nuances of the animation in future projects.

Thanks again for the feedback and happy animating,
Grahame