Opacity of colours not retained in files opened on a different laptop.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

punkrocktoons

Opacity of colours not retained in files opened on a different laptop.

Post by punkrocktoons »

I was running Moho Pro 12.5 on a laptop and the Hard Drive had to be replaced. In the meantime I was using Pro 12.5 on another laptop. Now I am using the original laptop with Pro 12.5 reinstalled, but when I open files I had been working on with the temporary laptop the opacity levels of colours on layers I set on the temp laptop have reverted back to 100%, so are opaque, instead of semi-transparent at 60%. I set the opacity at different levels for creating glass effects and liquids that I want to be semi-transparent. I wondered if anyone had a fix for this as it would be time-consuming altering the opacity on all the files that need changing.
synthsin75

Re: Opacity of colours not retained in files opened on a different laptop.

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you sure the settings are back to 100% opacity, or do you just have transparency disabled in the display settings?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I would definitely check what Wes mentioned.

Tip: In case the issue is that styles have actually changed to full opacity, in the future you might consider using a custom style for semi-transparent items. This way, if the style on many items changes accidentally, you can easily change them all back to the desired transparency level from a single shared style.

Since you can apply two custom styles to any style, create a style specifically for fill opacity. If you need to make the item otherwise unique, you can use the base style or the second custom style for those other properties.

Hope this helps.

If you need more info about using styles across many different items, I'm thinking of making a tutorial on this subject. Let you know when that's up. (Finishing another tutorial ATM.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
punkrocktoons

Post by punkrocktoons »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:47 pm Are you sure the settings are back to 100% opacity, or do you just have transparency disabled in the display settings?
Thanks for your reply, Wes. The transparency had been disabled in the display settings. That has saved me a lot of work, Thanks again.
punkrocktoons

Post by punkrocktoons »

Thanks for the quick reply, it was the transparency that had been disabled in the display quality settings. I will have a a look at custom styles for future projects. Thanks again.
Greenlaw wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 am I would definitely check what Wes mentioned.

Tip: In case the issue is that styles have actually changed to full opacity, in the future you might consider using a custom style on transparent items. This way, if the style on many items changes accidentally, you can easily change them all back from a single shared style.

Since you can apply two custom styles to any style, create a style specifically for fill opacity. If you need to make the item unique, you can use the base style or the second custom style for the other properties.

Hope this helps.

If you need more info about using styles across many different items, I'm thinking of making a tutorial on this subject. Let you know when that's up. (Finishing another tutorial ATM.)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad I could help. :wink: