Animation icon clutter

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bluefountain

Animation icon clutter

Post by Bluefountain »

How do I reduce the endless list of time line clutter down the left hand side. Seems like it appeared from nowhere. I cant find the options setting to stop them showing. Being so small its difficult to sekect whats wanted.
alanthebox

Re: Animation icon clutter

Post by alanthebox »

Not sure which version you're using, but try going to View/Timeline Channels. From there, I would hit "None" and then go through and turn on the channels you would like to see all the time (the + button), and channels you would like to see when in use (the o button).
DK

Post by DK »

As mentioned not sure what version you have but you can also Right click on the top icon and select "Consolidate Layer Channels".
Cheers
D.K
Bluefountain

Post by Bluefountain »

Thats the ONE!!!
thank you
Version 12 - pulling my hair.
The manual cant be searched

DK wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:18 am As mentioned not sure what version you have but you can also Right click on the top icon and select "Consolidate Layer Channels".
Cheers
D.K
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Are you talking about the redundant channels that appear as you animate bones in Moho? If so, yes, you can eliminate almost all of that clutter. Watch this video for more information, specifically at around 8:54:

Direct Link: https://littlegreendog.com/2020/06/01/a ... -settings/

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Consolidate Layer channels will flatten the entire timeline which can make it difficult to animate with any subtlety or nuance. Enabling this feature might be okay when you wish to animate strictly pose-to-pose, but it could get frustrating for detailed animation.

Note that there are two places to set this:

1. Consolidate Layer Channels In the menus under Animate. This is a global setting, and it's easy if you just want to switch this feature on and off as you need it. It can be useful for re-timing animation or time-stretching the entire project.

2. Consolidate Layer Channels In the Timeline, as described in the other post. This works directly on a selection so you can have Consolidated Channels for some items and fully expanded channels for other items.

Note that even though these two commands have the same name, they have somewhat different uses for animating in Moho.

What's described in my video addresses a different type of Timeline clutter. By default, Moho adds extra channels for every color bone you animate, and if you tend to use a lot of color coding like I do, this gets ridiculously messy very quickly. The video explains how to filter out all those unwanted extra channels from the Timeline. (The video also covers a lot of other UI optimization tips.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

O thanks I debut version is also possible to expand channels what's great.
Bluefountain

Post by Bluefountain »

Wow sorry - Just checked in.
Very useful video, good information. Thank you.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Bluefountain wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:26 am ...
The manual is just a PDF document - which can be searched. Maybe the PDF viewer you were using didn't have a search feature. Maybe try with another viewer.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Bluefountain

Post by Bluefountain »

SimplSam wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:05 pm
Bluefountain wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:26 am ...
The manual is just a PDF document - which can be searched. Maybe the PDF viewer you were using didn't have a search feature. Maybe try with another viewer.
Hahha - I didnt think of that - thank you