AVI with alpha doesn't work

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

AVI with alpha doesn't work

Post by SuperSGL »

I tried this file in 12 and 13 and the avi (which used a green screen) worked fine with the alpha channel. 13.5 doesn't hide the green screen the animation is solid (opaque)

Also, the avi's I have in files are flipped Vertically (not a big issue just flipping it back works fine)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
synthsin75

Re: AVI with alpha doesn't work

Post by synthsin75 »

On Windows, there is no longer a video import/export option with alpha, due to dropping 32-bit support, which also included anything QuickTime related.
The only option is PNG image sequence.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I saw the comments on not being able to export so makes sense if you can't export your not gonna be able to import. Technically the PNG is a better way anyway. Thanks Wes.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
work2survive

Post by work2survive »

The fact that we cannot export in some sort of video codec with alpha channel is unacceptable, We have to change the whole workflow of the project, To deal with PNG sequences is going to be a burden for my animators.
Right now they export png sequences in local, the convert to apple proRes with alpha, is a annoying extra step.

I understand that updates comes with changes, but removing features is another thing, this had to be communicated properly :/

They could at least enable to export the alpha channel as a separate black and white mp4, like other software does.

Lukas

Post by Lukas »

work2survive wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:00 pmThey could at least enable to export the alpha channel as a separate black and white mp4, like other software does.
That would be a good feature request actually!