Moho 13 + Windows 7 Problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Keyframepusher

Moho 13 + Windows 7 Problem

Post by Keyframepusher »

Hello dear Moho heads!

I´ve read a lot of interesting stuff about Moho and it´s capabilities and I was really amazed by the new features of ver.13 which I saw in a YT video. So after that I thought I could give it a try and test it a bit. Since I´m a newbie it took me a while to get a general idea of how Moho works (still learning, though *hehe* ). However, already after testing it for the first time my Demo version crashed - out of no reason! The even more interesting phenomenon - at least of what I experienced so far - is that Moho seems to have a problem with Windows 7 ?! What I witnessed so far is that it doesn´t start after already being used before. I can use it right after I turn on my PC but it doesn´t start/relaunch in case I close it and want to use it again. I´ve tested it a couple of times within different time intervals. The result was always the same. I could not reopen it after the first initial testing/using. It always starts only after I re-run the PC again. Maybe someone of you already encountered the described problem and knows a way around it or even how fix it. I know it is a Demo Version and all but before I decide to invest a fair amount of money to purchase this software I need to be sure it will run smoothly on my PC with Win7. So...if anyone of you know how to solve this problem please let me know. Till now the crash and re-running/relaunching issue with Moho didn´t quite convince me to buy it!

cheers,
Keyframepusher
synthsin75

Re: Moho 13 + Windows 7 Problem

Post by synthsin75 »

Moho 13 only officially supports Win 10, although it works fine on Win 8.
Keyframepusher

Post by Keyframepusher »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:52 pm Moho 13 only officially supports Win 10, although it works fine on Win 8.
Aahh Ok...I see. Before testing it for the first time I read in the readme file which comes with the Demo that it runs on Win7, too (no older version than Win7, though) so I thought it shouldn´t be a problem. That´s too bad. :( Anyways...Thanks for your really quick reply, synthsin75! I really appreciate it! :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Smith Micro has done extensive testing of Moho on Windows 10, macOS 10.14, and macOS 10.13. Moho can be installed on older operating systems, but this is not recommended as there might be instabilities. Moho will not work on anything older than Windows 7 (version 6.1) or macOS 10.10. Smith Micro will only provide full technical support for issues on Windows 10, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, and limited support for Windows 7 issues. - https://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-syst ... ments.html
Penny

Post by Penny »

Don't know if could help but here's how I resolved a similar problem with a version of moho 12.x (don't remember exactly which) in windows 10 . When the program went crashing I would usually check in the task manager if a moho process was still running. After closing it Moho restarted in 90% of cases.
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago
Keyframepusher

Post by Keyframepusher »

Penny wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 am Don't know if could help but here's how I resolved a similar problem with a version of moho 12.x (don't remember exactly which) in windows 10 . When the program went crashing I would usually check in the task manager if a moho process was still running. After closing it Moho restarted in 90% of cases.
Hi Penny!

Thanks for your input! :) I did try the method you suggested already...but without much success. Unfortunately it didn´t quite work. :(
Rutty70

Post by Rutty70 »

Hi KF Pusher.

This is a late reply but just thought I'd mention I upgraded to Moho 13 in late August on my Windows 7 Machine. I've been using it almost daily and I've had no issues apart from that the bitmap drawing on my Cintiq 13 is a bit sluggish. Mainly if I have a large file with lots of vectors on other layers open. But it's usable. Might be that I need to upgrade my CPU.

But I've had no crashes or any other problems using the full Pro version on Windows 7 if you are still considering it. I would caution that the problem you experienced may be something else on you computer (as I haven't tested demo or debut versions) - so if you do have problems with the Pro version where I haven't then a clean install of Windows 7 (or 10) might be solution - but as said just wanted to confirm (to you or others who might be interested) Moho 13 Pro is working fine on my Windows 7 machine.