mask points move when attaching mesh

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

denisa

mask points move when attaching mesh

Post by denisa »

Hei guys, hope you are all well!

I am sure there is a simple and logical solution to this but I had to take a break to work on other 2D projects and I slightly forgot some parts of moho.

Any help would be kindly appreciate it.

I have a png of a body which I put mask around and have two bones. I added a mesh around the body as well, so I cant bind the mesh points to the bones. Usually it works out well and I can bend the body and adjust the mesh points, but the mask is acting up. Everything is fine on frame 0 but the moment I move to frame 1, the mask points move independently?

The body is not attached to any other bone.

Any ideas how i can solve this?

Cheers guys!
synthsin75

Re: mask points move when attaching mesh

Post by synthsin75 »

If the PNG is controlled by both bones and mesh, then the mask needs to be controlled by both too.

I'd have to see the file for any better answer.
denisa

Post by denisa »

I can send over the file. Can I have an email please?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

denisa wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 am I can send over the file. Can I have an email please?
Just upload the the file to File Dropper or another file host and post the link here or in a PM.
denisa

Post by denisa »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 pm
denisa wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 am I can send over the file. Can I have an email please?
Just upload the the file to File Dropper or another file host and post the link here or in a PM.
Cheers! I actually managed to find a solution to it. Apparently it had something to do with the amounts of points on the mesh. I did a couple of tests, created different meshes and the one with the lowest point counts worked well, with the mask points not moving when I move on the next frame.
denisa

Post by denisa »

Btw, again I know there is a simple solution to this, but how do I move the bone (torso bone) the other one move slightly as well (waist, base bone). Anyway to move just the torso bone?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

denisa wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:47 am Btw, again I know there is a simple solution to this, but how do I move the bone (torso bone) the other one move slightly as well (waist, base bone). Anyway to move just the torso bone?
You can press alt while moving a bone with the manipulate bone tool to move only that bone, or you can use the transform bone tool instead, that moves only one bone by default.