Pixel Problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

the_gill_boy

Pixel Problem

Post by the_gill_boy »

Hi all,
I am working on this new character for a short but have run into a bit of an issue. I started making the character with a brush but when I rendered it, I noticed that the lines were heavily pixelated. I made a second copy of the character with no brush to see if the problem persisted and it did but to a lesser extent. I am not sure if this is a graphics card issue or a matter of settings in AS. Picture of Derp Horse in progress below. Any help/advice much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Trevor

Maestral

Re: Pixel Problem

Post by Maestral »

The vector line goes from point to point, where Brush is formed by repeating the given shape/s (png/s) for the given specs along the v. line.

Hopefully, antialiasing would help with No brush where With brush it could be due to the 'shape' of the brush. Say, the brush is 'rectangular' and due to the size, spacing and similar adjustments - sharp portions are on the outer side of the line hence poorly rendered. This also includes brushes in other shapes where resizing would result in pixelation which eventually leads to the same problem. The main thing should be your desired look and some tryouts should bring the best outcome, now that you know the obstacles.
the_gill_boy

Re: Pixel Problem

Post by the_gill_boy »

Maestral,
Thank you for your reply!
I never knew that that was how brushes worked, thank you for filling me in!

Trevor