Shortcut to go back to bone layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

goloops

Shortcut to go back to bone layer

Post by goloops »

Hi Moho Experts, is there a shortcut key to jump back to the top bone layer after editing a vector layer under it? Thank you for you help!
Greenlaw

Re: Shortcut to go back to bone layer

Post by Greenlaw »

No. Since you can have multiple bone layers in a scene, Moho has no way to know which bone layer you want to go back to.

However...if you enable Timeline Visibility for the bone layer you want (the 'stopwatch' icon in Layers,) that layer will stay available in the timeline even when you click on different layers.

This can be even more useful since you will be able to see the relationship of the keyframes in the bone layer keyframes with the keyframes for other layers and groups (like keys for a switch layer or point animation in a vector layer.)

When you no longer want the bone layer keys to 'stick' to the timeline, just uncheck the 'stopwatch' icon next to it.

Hope this helps.
goloops

Post by goloops »

Thank you Greenlaw. I have another question regarding a timeline keyframe selection problem. Based on the attached pic, it is impossible for me to use the "click selection" method to select the first or second keyframe in the Q MASTER layer. There is just not enough space to click on them. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

I don't see a pic but is it that you're not zoomed in enough on the timeline? The two icons in the upper right of the timeline are for zooming in. (Use right-mouse to pan in the timeline.)

If that's not it, we really need to see a pic.
goloops@gmail.com

Post by goloops@gmail.com »

Greenlaw wrote:Hi,

I don't see a pic but is it that you're not zoomed in enough on the timeline? The two icons in the upper right of the timeline are for zooming in. (Use right-mouse to pan in the timeline.)

If that's not it, we really need to see a pic.
I think i have managed to figure out the problem, Greenlaw. It is probably the Win and Mac problem. I zoomed in both and Mac allows me to select fine but windows display seems too narrow to select. So this problem only exits on Win. Thanks for the help GreenLaw, there is a lot to learn from you :)

This is the MAC display
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

As far as Moho's UI goes, there really shouldn't be much difference between the Mac and Win versions. Here's what the Windows version looks like on my Wacom Companion 2 computer running with Windows 10.

At work, we use Moho on the Cintiq 22HD display running with Windows 7, and it looks the same as above.

Could it be the resolution of your Windows display, or maybe you have Windows UI Scaling enabled? On my Companion, I dropped to resolution down to 1920 x 1080 and set UI scaling to 100% to prevent display issues with Moho and other graphics programs I used.
RyanSurrey

Post by RyanSurrey »

Shift + Alt + Right Click should work. maybe
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It depends on the rig's layer/group hierarchy. That command sends you to the group the drawing you clicked directly on resides in, which may or may not be the switch or bone layer you actually want to be on. I usually have many groups inside a switch or bone layer so clicking this way normally sends me only as far as the artwork's group, and not the switch or bone group.
goloops@gmail.com

Post by goloops@gmail.com »

Greenlaw wrote:It depends on the rig's layer/group hierarchy. That command sends you to the group the drawing you clicked directly on resides in, which may or may not be the switch or bone layer you actually want to be on. I usually have many groups inside a switch or bone layer so clicking this way normally sends me only as far as the artwork's group, and not the switch or bone group.
got it, thank you GreenLaw. I guess its my display resolution that caused the problem.
chuthehuan

Post by chuthehuan »

RyanSurrey wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm Shift + Alt + Right Click should work. maybe
https://prnt.sc/ty7kun
i am working with switch layer and had trouble when repeatedly switch between switch layer and bone layer. Your suggest help me a lot!. I tried with Shift + Alt + right click --> it show switch dropdown menu, so i dont need to go directly to switch folder. Thank you very much!