A couple exporting timeline problems.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bee-ruce2

A couple exporting timeline problems.

Post by Bee-ruce2 »

Hi. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing these problems and have found a solution.I'm on a Mac (OS 10.4) using AS 5.4.I don't seem to be able to export only a portion of the timeline.......for example....if I have a project thats 1000 frames long and if I export the whole timeline from frame 1 to 1000.....no problems, however...if I only want to export frames 800 to 830......I type this into the export settings, click OK....the render window appears......the bar at the top pulsates from light pink to light blue however there is no progress bar at the top and the window does not render....remaining white.Seems to me I've exported portions in the past without problem so cant figure out whats going on here and very time consuming to export the whole clip.
The 2nd issue is......If I export the whole timeline from 1 to 1000 without an audio track......no problem.....the export works fine....however....if I add an audio track to Moho....and export the same project at the same project settings.....I get a movie clip with the "black bars" on the top and bottom ......thereby changing the width/height that I've chosen.Whats going on here and how do I stop it? Thanks.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

First problem: If you type in the frame numbers for start and end, make sure to hit the tab key after each input.

Since you're on a Mac, AS is likely to crash during export. Use the Batch renderer instead.

Second problem: Dunno. Never heard of that.
muuvist

Post by muuvist »

Hi Bee Ruce2, this may be unrelated to your problem and it's just a wild shot in the dark but I've found that OSX has a strange bug in the finder. If you're replacing a previously exported clip and while you're in ASPRO you've left the original clip highlighted in the finder (in column mode with preview active) ASPRO thinks the clip is still open and will not save. EVEN if you've closed down QT.
In otherwords the finder flags a QT file as being open if that tiny preview window is active in the finder. you must go to the finder and select an unrelated file and then the clip will export and overwrite the original.