re-coding quicktimes to SWF?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jens bendig

re-coding quicktimes to SWF?

Post by jens bendig »

Hello There,

I am new to this forum, have some Animation Experiences and startet with AnimeStudio Pro a few days ago - I really like it. So quick and easy.

My first question is a little off-topic:

Couldn´t I import a Quicktime-movie and render it out with AnimeStudioPro to .swf, just to get it converted easily? I tried to, but Anime crashed.

Yours,

Jens
Jens Bendig
motionDesign
Fahrenheitstr. 1
28359 Bremen
Germany
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That's not possible. You could, however, do that operation in Flash, which involves to convert the Quicktime video into a Flash video and build an SWF file which contains the player to play it.
jens bendig

Post by jens bendig »

Hello Slowtiger,

Thank you. I have Flash, but prefer not to use it much.

That means, I can import Quicktimes, but they will never be seen in my rendered .swf-files? Not even if projected on an object?

Jens
Jens Bendig
motionDesign
Fahrenheitstr. 1
28359 Bremen
Germany
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

SWF ist grundsätzlich ein Vektorformat, es kann Bitmaps speichern (die intern als JPGs abgelegt werden), aber keine Videodaten - diese müssen extra auf einem Server liegen, im Format FLV (Flash Video), und werden zur Laufzeit geladen und eingebunden. Das steht alles in deinem Flash-Handbuch.

AS benutzt einen Teil der SWF-Spezifikation (die Adobe nicht vollständig offenlegt!), um seine Vektordaten darin zu transportieren. Dieser Teil funktioniert gut, ich kann AS-SWF-Dateien in Flash importieren und dort weiterarbeiten. Bitmaps innerhalb SWF werden von AS nicht so gut behandelt: mal geht es, mal nicht.
jens bendig

Post by jens bendig »

Thank you, especially for the second section.

Danke, besonders für den 2. Absatz.

Jens[/quote]
Jens Bendig
motionDesign
Fahrenheitstr. 1
28359 Bremen
Germany