Rotate to Face Camerta and Vertical Movements...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Rotate to Face Camerta and Vertical Movements...

Post by Rai López »

Seems that when you move the camera (or the layer with Rotate to Face Camera activated) horizontally all works fine... but what about vertical movements? Seems that the layer made'em mad and is derformed (sheared), with all kind of unwanted movements... (specially with Particles). Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?Is this so because exist some powerfull reason, perhaps? Well, I'd only like to know... THANKS & CIAO!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I hadn't seen this particular topic before, but I just ran into it myself. I have a character with a basically round head. I'm trying to use the psuedo head turn technique by placing the facial features in 3d space and setting the head shape to face the camera. As Ramon said, it works just fine in you rotate the group layer in Y, but if you rotate in X it doesn't stay facing the camera. Seems like an oversight to me. I can't see where this sort of inconsistency would be a benefit, so I too would request that this get's tuned up. Thanks.

--Brian
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Actually, the feature is only intended to rotate in Y. In other words, a layer with this option turned on will only rotate in Y to face the camera.

Yes, this means that the layer will not truly face the camera in all situations. The main purpose of this feature was for scenery-type objects like trees and things - to make them face a camera that is moving around on (or near) the ground.

If you want to move the camera and/or objects around in totally arbitrary ways and have the objects face the camera, this option in Moho won't (and wasn't intended to) do the trick.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Gotcha. Makes sense. Wouldn't hurt as an option though, but I'll work around it. Thanks.

--Brian
Manu

Post by Manu »

Well, just bumping this one up to say I would love to have a full "face camera" feature. You can't just assume people will only use it for trees on a background.