My Vespa Scooter animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

My Vespa Scooter animation

Post by jhbmw007 »

Please go here and vote me 5 stars! (yes you have to signup.. but you can win a free t-shirt just for voting- woohoo!)

http://gogreenchallenge.vespausa.com/video/?d=153

Update:
Here's my second entry into this contest:

http://gogreenchallenge.vespausa.com/video/?d=168

It's a spoof off those Mac vs. PC ads. Their video compression on the site is horrible - the hi-res files I have look so much better.
Last edited by jhbmw007 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laniangeline

Post by laniangeline »

Not Bad!! :D
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

The link is not working .. .repost it :shock:
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Looks like the site's down. I've uploaded it to youtube here - it looks a little smoother. But don't forget to go back to the first link and vote! :D
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Looks great man, nice work! :wink:
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

Good one .. liked it a lot. . :D
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

it looks great, you really made him/it alive! :D
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Good work.

But I ride lambretta. Just kidding, they don't run.

Dale
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

*BUMP*

I just added a second vespa video- check the top of this thread for the URL!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! The hardest part about making these was doing the initial drawings (trying to get the 3-d cgi look in AS). I imagine it would have been much harder using a 3-d program though, so I'm happy.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

A small suggestion:

Take a picture of a scooter or bicycle at an angle to get the wheels size right. The rear wheel seems to be too small or the front too large. I understand that you are going for the 3d perspective so they are not going to be the same size as the reference and you will push the perspective just a little more.

Dale
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Yea I guess it does look a little too small. But I actually did use a picture- that's how I drew them in AS. But the back wheel is mostly covered by whatever part it is that's attached right there- I didn't draw it because more detail=harder to animate. Anyways that's probably why I got the size wrong- plus I think the picture was a "tighter" shot and thus the perspective is different than how I have my character positioned...

Too much trouble to change it now- I have actions set up for the wheel rotation which involved rotating the wheel's bone and using point motion on the rims to keep it looking right. So if I make it bigger that will throw everything out of wack. Just one of the limitations of trying to create it all in a 2-d program. But I made do with what I was able- I have no experience using 3-d programs. And I think I may have fooled a few people out there into thinking it was 3-d (those with a lesser-trained eye).
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I use poser 5 but you could use daz studio or wings. Both are free and wings imports obj files. I have a two scooters in 3d formats that I downloaded for free, someplace.

The nice thing about Poser, someone, somewhere has made the object that you might need for reference.

I been trying to learn how to air brush and one thing I was told is to get your lettering right. because everyone know what it is suppose to look like. If you paint a 57 ford and call it a 59, most people wouldn't know the difference. BUT if your lettering is slightly off, it sticks out.

If I do a toony car, I will try to get the wheels right, because now I know, that they have to be correct. See I learned something.

Dale
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

Nice work i like this animation alot.
human

Post by human »

Nice, nice, nice.

It reminds me of "Cars" -- and in a good way.