Crashes when rendering a 3d scene

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

theberg@mysoul.com.au

Crashes when rendering a 3d scene

Post by theberg@mysoul.com.au »

I am encountering a problem repeatedly, while trying to render a pretty simple 3d animation using only vector art. It crashes at a random point during the rendering process.

I am running Anime Studio Pro on a iMac 2.8 ghz Intel Core Duo, 4 GB ram. Os X 10.4.10.

I have found that disabling the antialias option when rendering , the animation will complete. This however doesn't look good enough for what I am aiming for.

Have you any ideas? Please let me know if further info is required.

Dave
Last edited by theberg@mysoul.com.au on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theberg@mysoul.com.au

Additional info - link to the anme file.

http://www.yottashare.com/en/download.php?id=D38BE9761

Hi. I just read the postit at the top pf the forum that asked for the file whenever possible. I have listed a link above for the file. (Sorry. Its a file sharing website that has a 30 second wait before it allows the download.)

Thanks in advance for you help.

Dave
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

i tried rendering your file and it worked, i'm using osx 10.4.10 on intel macbook.
I usually leave the box "Key frame every __frames" unchecked 'cause i had problems before and it helped unchecking this box.

Your file missed the linked images so it might have something to do with this but try anyway to uncheck that box when exporting.

Another way that is more stable is to use the "batch export"

hope this helps

ulrik
theberg@mysoul.com.au

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the missing components.

I tried with batch rendering, and that worked. The keyframe suggestion made no difference though.

Thanks again.

Dave