Animations for RPG Videogame

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diegoale2000

Animations for RPG Videogame

Post by Diegoale2000 »

Hello everyone.

I'm quite new here, and very (VERY) new to AS.

I'm working on a PC RPG Called "Dreams: Essences of life" Webpage: http://www.dreamseol.blogspot.com
Dreams is a low budget rpg, but i try to make it feel and play as professional as possible. it's getting quite a few fans here and there, and I'm hoping to make it the best I can.

I'm working with Painters, Spriters, CG Artists, Musicians, Voice Actors, Character Artists, etc etc etc... on a VERY low budget... (I've given up eating non-canned food to afford this game :( )

Anyways... some screens, just in case...

OK... so lets get to the point!

I recently decided to use AS to Animate the characters when they're In battle. battles are SIDE VIEW, and they will have full character animations, however i lack the time and the skills to properly animate these characters without them looking stupid or weird.

So, as Ive never commissioned something like this, i have NO IDEA of how much it would be...

the characters are not large in size, and they're already divided into different body parts, in different layers. most animations should be around 20 - 25 frames as a max. some can be smaller, some can be a bit larger.

hre's an example of a character....

I believe that's the actual size of the characters...

so Yeah... if anyone can give me a few numbers for me to know how much it'd be, i'd appreciate it...

of course this is ALSO a job opening, so anyone who's interested, gimme a quote!

my email: hotelito@hotmail.com (mail /msn)

do remember, very small budget :'(

thank you very much!
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Looks very nice - to give a clearer idea to your question, how many 'poses' are need per cycle. I am thinking of the equivalent sprit count of an action.

The cost should not be high. And consider backend share as a form of payment. If it goes commercial, then the staff are on % of gross (never net as nothing makes aprofit net ;-) ).

Rhoel
Diegoale2000

Post by Diegoale2000 »

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking from 15 - 25 Frames per animation would be a perfect range for the most complex animations.

Characters are provided with separate torso, arms, legs, head (and for some, Hair) layers.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hey, Diegoale, did you get the E-mail I sent a couple of weeks back?
Diegoale2000

Post by Diegoale2000 »

no I haven't gotten anything as of now :\
Neil

Post by Neil »

Okay, this is what it said:

Hey there,

I'm interested in that RPG job you posted about at the AS forum. I don't really care about the payment - you can decide all that after the work is done. If the worst comes to the worst I'll do it for free. It looks like an interesting job and I wouldn't mind doing it just for the credit and experience.

But bare in mind that I'm a student and a little tied for time, so it might take me a while to get any work done.

Here's some of my past work with AS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PE-_k84JuA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VI78lQIAOo
cribble

Post by cribble »

I sent an email. Maybe somethings wrong with your inbox? Try using another account, or maybe you type the address in wrong.
--Scott
cribble.net
Diegoale2000

Post by Diegoale2000 »

For some reason All the recent emails were being sent to another folder i have, rather than the Inbox. I've now gotten all the applications / offers and I'll get to looking at them rigth away! thanks to all of you who applied, and I'll get in contact with everyone once I make a decision!