Keyframe all channels (works) & move animation in time (

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Keyframe all channels (works) & move animation in time (

Post by slowtiger »

I just stumbled over two things, one works, the other doesn't.

1. I can create keyframes in all channels by positioning the pointer in the timeline at position X, then select "Copy current frame" from the "Animation" menu, check "copy entire document", and type in "X" as the destination frame. AS creates keys in every channel at position X now.

No need for a script (I remember having read about one, but the search didn't dig it up), as long as you can live with having keys in literally every channel.

A script, however, could improve this in the following way: there should be a second choice besides "copy entire document", namely "copy from current layer" which would select every timeline within the current group/bone/switch layer.

2. I tried to use the "Rescale keyframes" command to shift animation in time, but with no useful result. The animation was heavily mixed up, parts from the beginning showed up in the end and so on. This happened even after I created keyframes everywhere at the beginning and end of the part to be shifted.
ink animations

Post by ink animations »

A script, however, could improve this in the following way: there should be a second choice besides "copy entire document", namely "copy from current layer" which would select every timeline within the current group/bone/switch layer.

I would like to add my voice to ask whether this is possible as it would be great!

I agree that the whole 'rescale keyframes' isn't very intuitive and keyframes can end up all over the place, is there better solutions for moving a chunk of animation (across all layers/channels) forward or backward in time?

any insight appreciated,

cheers
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think the problem with "rescale key frames" has to do with where the keys are in the first place and how close they are to each other and how much you are scaling.

If you have a key on frame 5 and 10 for a bone, and a key on 1 and 9 for a layer... I think.. that it would scale those new key locations differently depending on the scale factor.

Changing an animation range from 10-100 frames to 10 to 65 frames for instance... might not work for all the key frames. Some may get so "squished" together they would disappear. If you only have a few keys to define some motion and that key is so close to another that the scale eliminates it you have a wonky animation now.

If your scale factor doesn't "fit" the existing key frame placement the keys could end up somewhere unexpected.

If you are scaling up there is less likely to be a problem but there might still be shifting forward or back as the program tries to determine where some keys should go.

-vern
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Vern: I tried to use the scaling just for moving a piece of animation. Example: animation from 1 to 100, want it shifted to 51 to 150. This did not work.

OTOH, scaling keys worked nicely on my walk cycles (both shortening and expanding), so I now have walks even at odd timings like 18 or 19 frames per 2 steps.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Is there any way of Moving a set of keys through all layers from one frame to another?

I tried the copy frame technique which works fine but then im left with duplicate keys in the original location.
I tried using the 'delete all keyframes' script but this comes up with some unwanted results where some layer information gets all messed up.

Does anyone have a good method of moving keys around through all layers?

I have also tried the rescale keyframes trick, for example:

To move all keyframes on frame 20 ten frames back to frame 10 i would rescale keyframes as follows:

start frame 20 end frame 21, to new start frame 10 and new end frame 11, but this results in any keyframes after frame 21 getting all mashed up.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

cheers

D.