in my hand...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

in my hand...

Post by cribble »

I've done a lil something. T'is short though. I'm combining Anime Studio/flash/final cut to generate some interesting results.

You can view it in flash or on youtube.

Thanks for watching, comments (or hate mail) would be great. :D
--Scott
cribble.net
human

Post by human »

Well, yes, I think it's fair to call this interesting results.

If that's a bumble bee, and I think it is, it would be good to have more black in its color scheme.

Actually, the viewer would enjoy a little bit more sophisticated attempt at drawing the critter.

My feeling is that animation is so much work--so as a general principle it seems like everyone would want to take the time to make the character design worth all the trouble.

You have the motion tracking to the palm pretty good, but it's not quite as accurate as it needs to be.

The wave of cel shading that follows the bee flight is quite nice--I liked it.

The pleasant music is very important to this piece in establishing the mood and conveying quality.

Just one viewer's thoughts--I hope they're helpful.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I love your war room!
The combination of the three tools is great!
I would like the story lasts a little more. It reminds me the famous video "Take on me" done by the norwegian music group a-ha. Aaah those young times...

I love that rotoscope style.
-G

EDIT: I couldn't resist. Sorry.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=CUod3jGQt0U
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

have you tried fazek's replace line tool for rotoscoping?
with a tablet it works amazingly.
human

Post by human »

selgin wrote:have you tried fazek's replace line tool for rotoscoping?
Could you please say more about this?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

human wrote:
selgin wrote:have you tried fazek's replace line tool for rotoscoping?
Could you please say more about this?
sure, here is the script link. with this new tool you can select a line and redraw it in time.
the tool transform the line using the same selected number of points.
i always have loved this tool and now my boss asked me some rotoscoping animations. and replace line works excellent.

it can replace the line width too. and even has an option for just change the line width and not modify the points' position.

so, you must just create the shapes, and redrawing them in time. if you want to disappear some line in time, just turn its line width to zero.
if you want to create a new line in time, just draw it.
Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thanks selgin!
I had this tool from a long time in my palette and did not explore its amazing possibilities!.
-G
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

cribble, that's great, I love it, can't wait to do something like this too..
maybe in my upcoming projects..

and thanks selgin for telling about that tool :)
cribble

Post by cribble »

Ah, thanks for watching.

Human, thanks for the advice. I know the characters isn't exactly detailed, or accurate, but it goes with my stylistics and my drawing abilities (un)fortunately.

I see your point with the whole "amount of work to detail" point of view. Sometimes i just think "sod it, it'll add a whole new dimension if i finished it to different results" - i felt this end result felt more nostalgically childish, yet warm. Though i did feel that i wished i could've drawn the bee to such utter detail that people will think it;s real.

The hand tracking was pretty hard and i think i added a few keyframes too many upon the hand. Hence it goes a tad wonkey.

Selgin, i rotoscoped this in flash, as i could pick out more detail from the video that way. AS seems to make my video's look all pixellated despite what size or codec used, and it's unbareable to rotoscope having to use so many different layers. But i'll give the tool a try and see if if speeds up the workflow a bit. Thanks

And erm, thanks to anyone who watched it. And everyone else's comments, truly gets me in the mood to make more stuff.
--Scott
cribble.net
Freeline

Post by Freeline »

Very nice this effect! Did u use any kind of certain effect in flash or did u nothing other than trace it with a tool?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Great effect! I like the way you work in several different ways, great! It's also very beautiful to watch this kind of technic!
Good work!
cribble

Post by cribble »

Freeline wrote:Very nice this effect! Did u use any kind of certain effect in flash or did u nothing other than trace it with a tool?
I exported the video as an image sequence and used the 'trace image' tool in flash to create the end cel shaded look. Otherwise, the line drawing part was all hand drawn, frame by frame in Flash.
--Scott
cribble.net
human

Post by human »

cribble wrote:
Freeline wrote:Very nice this effect! Did u use any kind of certain effect in flash or did u nothing other than trace it with a tool?
I exported the video as an image sequence and used the 'trace image' tool in flash to create the end cel shaded look. Otherwise, the line drawing part was all hand drawn, frame by frame in Flash.
FYI, the effect you achieved is almost identical to the unique Cutout filter in PhotoShop and could be applied by importing video as an Adobe "filmstrip."

In fact, I thought that's how you did it.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Nice work cribble! ;)
cribble

Post by cribble »

human wrote:
cribble wrote:
FYI, the effect you achieved is almost identical to the unique Cutout filter in PhotoShop and could be applied by importing video as an Adobe "filmstrip."

In fact, I thought that's how you did it.
I tried it, but it increased file size rapidly. I found that the trace bitmap tool created a smaller file size and the swf ran smoother on that part of the piece. Plus i had more control there and then as to how i wanted the tracing to be done, thus speeding up work flow.
--Scott
cribble.net