Export problem AS Linus Pro

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nibl

Export problem AS Linus Pro

Post by nibl »

I am using the AS Linux Pro demo and have a problem when exporting to SWF.

I followed a tutorial with the last "mouth" listed. When exported, the lips only appear for the last frames. If the feature was not supported by SWF then the lips would not appear at all, right? So it can't be that.

A similar thing occurs with the default project which autoloads on startup of the demo (winsor_45).
Export to SWF only exports character's head. If this is due to features, then this is maybe not a good choice for a demo since Linux only offers SWF.

Is this a user error, a bug, or a feature?

I could upload the SWF file and/or anme files. Or send them by email, but how or to whom?

Thanks.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Those files you have commented are created to be animated using an Anime Studio's Feature called "Warp images using bones" (in the image layer option window). This feature is not supported on export to SWF in any platform. So this is not a bug. It is only that those files are not prepared to be exported as swf. You can split Windsor's arms torso and legs into limbs (using a image editor -remember to export the images like png with alpha enabled-) to make the bones make its job using only bind layer feature.
The reason for obtain only the head of Windsor45 is that the head images are the only one that have unchecked that option for the image layers.

This is the best animation you can do with that file to SWF format. (movement like a puppet)

http://www.darthfurby.com/genete/Other/StartupFile.swf

Regarding to upload a swf an anme file or other stuff you can use putfile.com( for swf), imageshack.com (for still images), and sendspace.com for any kind of files. There are thousands of webs that allow to do that.

To put examples just paste them in your post.

Good luck!

-G

PD: I'm also linux user and to create movies without soundtrack use those pairs of commands:
png2yuv: this command line tool comes from the mjpegtools package. You convert a png sequence to a yuv stream (looseless quality). It would produce a filename.yuv
ffmpeg -i filename.yuv -sameq yourfile.mov. I suppose you know ffmpeg usage. :wink:
To include a soundtrack I use cinelerra.
nibl

Post by nibl »

Many Thanks Genete, that explains the winsor45 output. Could you give me some more help with the first export problem I had.

I have uploaded the files. There is the anme, the mp3, and my exported swf file. The wave audio version is in the "Tutorial 5/..." folder.

Look at the swf and you'll know what I mean.

http://www.wordit.com/download/anim/

Issue:
The mouth is only exported for frames 0-1, and 151-180.
But when you select the "mouth" layer it is visible during playback or if you manually scroll the timeline. Why does it not show otherwise, or export?

My goal here is to learn about phoneme based lip-syncing because I have a project with two characters in an interview situation, so mainly dialog based. If you have any tips on that I'd be pleased to hear them.

(AS's audio will do for testing. Thanks for the Cinelerra tip, I will check that out when my project has matured.)

The export to png, conversion to yuv and ffmpeg to mpeg-4 works nicely :-)

Btw, what is the difference to exporting all frames to png and using batch export/sequence?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Click on the switch layer and you'll see that the timeline has pink color. It means it is not visible. It is common mistake to make a casual click into the layer visibility channel and the make the layer not visible from the click frame to the end.
Just scroll down the channels and remove the keyframes that make the switch layer not visible.

Batch render is for render multiple anme files, one after other.

BTW I cannot load the mp3 file as a sound track. It seems I have some sound problem...
What linux version are you using (Ubuntu, Fedora,...) It is strange but I cannot make your mp3 audio to be my sound track. It don't plays and don't show the graphs. I only can work with wav... ¿?
If you know the answer please tell me if not I'll search the forum...

-G
nibl

Post by nibl »

Genete wrote: It is common mistake to make a casual click into the layer visibility channel and the make the layer not visible from the click frame to the end.
Many Thanks!
Wow, such a little mistake causing a big problem. It took me 20 mins, and I read your reply about 5 times until I figured it out. Now I see what the cause was.
I cannot make your mp3 audio to be my sound track.
I included the mp3 for SWF export in case you needed to recreate my error. mp3 does not work inside AS for me either.

I work with wave first, then I change the soundtrack to the mp3 file just before SWF export. I cannot hear it in AS either. But I find SWF with mp3 is good for testing the actual output quickly.

I'm running Kubuntu (Dapper). AS Pro ran out of the box, no configuration needed at all :-)

Btw, I was thinking about your suggestion to use Cinelerra for audio. How do you get lip-synching to work with Cinelerra?
If the mouth only has two positions, open and closed, then I can see how it might work. But if you use an array of phoneme-based mouth positions then I can't see how it work?
Genete

Post by Genete »

So you mean that although I cannot ear and see the soundtrack it still being there and can be exported to swf? Aaah that's cool!

Ubuntu Edgy here. Nothing to configure except the fonts folder.

Cinelerra is a non linear video editor. You wouldn't use it for non of the task that can be done with Anime Studio and Papagayo. You will use it to put a soundtrack to your project and to render all the files together. As well as you can work with several soundtracks and with several video tracks you can create scenes that later can composite all together. Even create a story board is not so difficult because you can insert still images and give them the amount of time you need. It would help you in the timing of the whole movie.
My recommendation is:
Create scenes with Anime Studio with the sound track (lip sync)for each scene.
Export the image sequence and import them into cinelerra. Then include to cinelerra the soundtracks you used to the lip sync to a separate tracks. Then dragging to the proper position you can fine tune some of the sounds to the sequence, add some effects and create nice scene blending or cuts.
Finally export the movie to mpeg4 what is the most compatible format that cinelerra can export.
It is a little difficult to use but is quite mature.
-G
nibl

Post by nibl »

Genete wrote:So you mean that although I cannot ear and see the soundtrack it still being there and can be exported to swf?
Yes it's not clear from the AS docs. They say "AS only supports wave", but "SWF can only be exported with mp3".
Strange logic, but I guessed you could export with an mp3 soundtrack even though AS could not play it back. That's how it is, and it works :-)
Ubuntu Edgy here. Nothing to configure except the fonts folder.
Do you mean increasing the AS GUI fonts? The menus are very small and I'd like to increase the size. Or do you mean adding text in AS?
Even create a story board is not so difficult because you can insert still images and give them the amount of time you need.
Could you explan that a bit more, I can't quite imagine what you mean. Creating a storyborad and timing would be very helpful.

My recommendation is:
[...]Export the image sequence and import them into cinelerra.
Sounds good, I will try that out. I didn't know you could import single images into Cinelerra. It's also nice to hear that it's robust, because some old tutorial I was reading said it would occasionally crash.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Regarding to fonts it refers to insert text option. It don't get the proper folder to find the truetype fonts.
Also the GUI fonts can be increased in the preferences menu. Yes it have crashed sometimes but similar times than other applications. But I mean robust to its tools and functionality. For instance jahshaka is also another powerful non linear editor but it have a very difficult learning curve and frequently go slow and slow and slow in my computer.

Try it for non pro uses and see how it works.

Regarding to insert still images is very easy change its durations. It is like a piece of video but with the same frame all the time. Just drag the left or right edge and the video will change its length. It's a common way of use to edit video.

-G
nibl

Post by nibl »

I'm not still clear on how to create a storyboard with timings, using AS and Cinelerra (CL). Could you give me a few more hints please.

I loaded three images into CL, but how do I set the duration for each one?
Is it in the compositor? I tried with in/out points, but I am stuck at this point.

Thanks.
Genete

Post by Genete »

There are two modes of edition in cinelerra. Insert (the beam cursor) and drag (the arrow cursor).
With the beam cursor you can move the end of a piece of video (it can be an still image) to enlarge or to shrink it. Just move the cursor and see how it changes to a left or right arrow. Then click and drag.
Also in the Preferences menu select in the Recording tab to set the standard duration of an still imported image to 4 seconds or so. It is unchecked by default.
Then when include the still images they are four seconds long and it is easy to drag its edges.

To move like a block (cut, paste and so on) use the drag mode (the arrow) then a click on the portion of video (still image) select all them and wou cna make different operations.

Please read the documentation from heroine warrior and the forum from cinelerra.cvs

Good luck. It is worth.
-G