multiple conversation, Help??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arimurad

multiple conversation, Help??

Post by arimurad »

how do i have mutliple conversations such as
a says bla bla
b says bla bla
c says bla bla

i can only so far make a say bla bla
Genete

Post by Genete »

Look at the end of this thread. I think it could help you.
Maybe you just have to write the conversation (inside Papagayo) to a, b and c and save the DAT files into different ones. Later import them into AS acoordingly to your characer a, b, and c.
I'm not so expert on Papagayo. Perhaps other one can help you.
Genete
arimurad

Post by arimurad »

thanks but papayago is real pain to work with any way of just importing lots of conversation with the switch
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

In Papagayo you need to create a new voice for each character that speaks in the dialog.

On the right is a section called "Voice List". You would need to create 3 voices for your example.

You click on each voice and type in the dialog spoken for that character, do the lip sync for that voice then export each voice as a separate dat file.

Remember only one sound track in Anime Studio. This means all 3 conversations must be in one sound file. That is why you need multiple voices. Each dat file must be separate to be loaded into the switch layer for each character.

In AS load each voice's dat file into the switch for that character.

Or you could load 3 different Papagayo files with the same audio but lip sync to the voice you choose.
i can only so far make a say bla bla
Can you be more descriptive? There is absolutely no way to know what the problem is based on this.
Thanks but papayago is real pain to work with any way of just importing lots of conversation with the switch
Importing lots of conversation with the switch??? I have no idea what that means. You mean without using Papagayo? You could just use the sound track in AS and lip sync by hand. In my opinion it is easier to use Papagayo unless the dialog is just a few short words.

I would suggest looking at the Papagayo tutorials and help. It is explained pretty clearly. The tutorials are located in the Papagayo application folder.

------

You could split the audio into 3 seperate voices and load them into the switch layers. The wav form of the sound will make the switch move using 3 different layers. This technique is described in the AS help.

-vern
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Well, you could just animate both characters in the same AS file. Just go through the sound clip, then when character A says something, animate that. When character b says something, animate that...

Unless I'm missing something here...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think... this may be another case of looking for a "quick" and "easy" solution for something that doesn't have one.

Ultimately there is no other option but to just do the work. Lip sync is either quick, easy and just good enough... or it is long, hard and absolutely fantastic.

-----

p.s. Good grief... that last bit sounds really dirty. It was unintentional but I'm not going to change it because it is quite funny and makes the point. ;)

-vern