Moving

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fitz

Moving

Post by fitz »

I must be misssing something, but I can't figure out how to move a shape that I have just drawn.

Fitz
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

please. read the manual.
FrozenDelight

Post by FrozenDelight »

Go slowly through all the tutorials that come with Anime Studio (under help). There are some elements that seem simple at first, but turn out to be quite weird, especially if you haven't worked with vector animation before.

For example, it's important to understand the differences between frame 0 and all the rest. At first, you may think it's just the first frame, but it's not, it has different properties.
The Future is Now.
toonertime

shape moving

Post by toonertime »

draw a shape. lite up the dots with control A. Press T
Move your shape.
fitz

Moving

Post by fitz »

[quote="selgin"]please. read the manual.[/quote]

So, you don't know either, huh?
fitz

Re: shape moving

Post by fitz »

[quote="toonertime"]draw a shape. lite up the dots with control A. Press T
Move your shape.[/quote]

Thank you very much

Fitz
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Moving

Post by Víctor Paredes »

fitz wrote:So, you don't know either, huh?
yes, i don't...

i'm translating the tutorials to spanish (but it's a surprise). i'm sure lostmarble worked a lot on them and it's sad to see questions in this forum that are perfectly answered in the first pages of the tutorial. i repeat you (and not with the awful "rtfm"), please, read the tutorial, there is a lot of information that will be happy to help you to make great animations.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

selgin wrote:please. read the manual.
fitz wrote:So, you don't know either, huh?
Generally for these types of questions my rule of thumb is not to respond at all. I feel that teaching and mentoring MUST include as much effort from the student as it does from the teacher.

Sometimes even the most friendly and supportive members of the forum can get frustrated with very basic questions. Don't take it... too personally. We want to help but would like to see some more effort on your part as well.

And just to be fair to those who respond with "Read The Manual"...
It is not a bad idea to try it. I still go to the help every so often when I get stuck.

So...

Tell us... how do you want the shape to move? Translation? Rotation? 3D movement? Do you want to move a layer? The points of a mesh? Do you want to know how to move something over time or just on one frame?

Do you want to move bones to move a shape? Move bones to move a layer? Do you want to move a shape in the layering order?

The question is very "large" and vague. It covers a half dozen areas of how to use AS.

In order to get the best response give us the most information possible. Describe the situation so we can point you to the best tutorial or help file reference to look at.

Don't assume we are just being mean when we say "Read the manual". It has gained a negative connotation but in reality that suggestion is a very good one that even LONG TIME USERS make use of ALL THE TIME.

I hate to read the manual, but when I am really stuck... that's where I go first... there have been occasions where I missed things... in my haste ;)... but they are rare. By reading the manual you may also discover knowledge that you can use later. Find answers to questions you haven't even asked yet.

-vern
Touched

Post by Touched »

I agree with Vern. I answer any specific question I know the answer to, but if the question's too broad or vague, it can't warrant a serious response. There should be at least as much effort in the question as there is in the response, or at least a reasonably proportional amount, to indicate that the questioner has at least the basic knowledge one would expect from the already-provided materials we all should have started with. To question Selgin's knowledge is to reveal that you haven't made the basic effort of trying to learn.