Total newbie with simple questions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kingt101

Total newbie with simple questions

Post by Kingt101 »

Hi my names andrew, im having a few problems with my anime studio... first off.. I can't find render under the file tab. im going through the tutorials to learn how to use the program and it tells me to use file render to check out the work ive done. well its been 2 days and i still can't find file render.

also, when i try and use gradient, i have to manually select numbers for colors and then they still don't show up in my work anyway. i just don't get it, is my copy defective?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

You hit CTRL+R to render a single frame. to export an animation sequnce, hit CTRL+E.

If that doesn't work,something's screwy
Genete

Re: Total newbie with simple questions

Post by Genete »

Kingt101 wrote:Hi my names andrew, im having a few problems with my anime studio... first off.. I can't find render under the file tab. im going through the tutorials to learn how to use the program and it tells me to use file render to check out the work ive done. well its been 2 days and i still can't find file render.

also, when i try and use gradient, i have to manually select numbers for colors and then they still don't show up in my work anyway. i just don't get it, is my copy defective?
Gradients are only shown in the rendered window.
If it is a Non PRO version I think it does not have render capabilities, only movie export.
myles

Post by myles »

Hi Andrew,

As Genete says, the standard version currently doesn't have the File -> Render feature, only the Pro version, but the manual still mistakenly assumes the standard version does have it (oops!).

However, this post by Fahim seems to indicate the Render feature will be returned to the standard version in the next update, predicted for release at the end of May.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx