HELP

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hankmanor

HELP

Post by hankmanor »

Boy, I need help! I loaded a rigged character into ANM Pro. Created a new vector layer, then drew a robe that covered the character and colored it.
What I want to do is attach (robe) it to the character so it will move with the bones of the character.

Tech support sent me instructions how to do it...I tried it many times to no
avail.What did do wrong? please help the newbie, thanks
Here is the email below.

Thank you for contacting e frontier. In the layers window, drag the robe into Alan's bone layer. The robe layer's info will be slightly indented, showing that it in a sublayer of the bones you have for Alan. Now, whenever you move Alan, the robe should follow along
Hank Madden
Genete

Post by Genete »

The robe vector layer must be inside the bone layer of the rigged character. Then depending on what kind of movement do you want to have you can make it influenced by all the bones of only for some of them.
Please put the example file or a screen-shot and we can help you.
Genete
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

That's right. On the right hand panel where the layers are, drag the vector layer of the robe into, or under, the bone-rig layer.

What you're trying to do is get the robe and the character both under a similar folder, so that when you move that folder, both things move at once.
hankmanor

help

Post by hankmanor »

I did that, but it did not atatch itself to the rigged character.
when I drag it into the bone layer I see no indication that it is in there, and has atacthed itself to the bone layer. So when I move a bone in the Character, nothing happens to the robe. I must be missing something,
but I'll be hornswagled to know what.
Hank Madden
Genete

Post by Genete »

Once the robe vector layer is inside the bone layer (to be completely sure collapse the bone layer and the rope vector layer will be hidden inside) then select al lthe points of the robe (select point tool and CTRL-A) and then go to BOne menu and click on "Flexi -Bind points". Now the robe must be flexible affected by all the bones depending on what Binding mode do you have in your bone layer properties (flexible binding -> all bones affects to all points depending on its strength... Region binding -> points are affected by nearest bone and by bones that are covering he point with its influence region).
hankmanor

help

Post by hankmanor »

Thank you Genete, I'll give it whirl.
Hank Madden
Touched

Post by Touched »

Also, what you may be missing, is that moving bones on frame 0 has no visible effect on the drawing. Only on other frames, or while using the offset or manipulate bones tools. Frame 0 is for setup.
hankmanor

Post by hankmanor »

OK, followed instructions—so far, so good, every thing flexes except
the arms and hands..they move, but not the robe. all the points were selected when flexi bind was implemented.
So I am missing something. Ya now it ain't easy being a newbie, thanks everyone for your help. Hank
Hank Madden