Keyframe display & manipulation

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sdtv

Keyframe display & manipulation

Post by sdtv »

First, HUGE props to everybody involved with pulling this awesome program together. I'm perpetually awed by the scope & functionality of MOHO. You've found a perfect niche to fill & I can't believe I didn't find it sooner!

As a newbie who's still learning the ins and outs, the aspect that's hindering my animation flow the most right now is having keyframes buried within each layer.

::: feature request #1 :::
It'd be awesome if there were a view option for the timeline that would display the keyframes for all layers & channels you choose - or maybe for all layers period. (Then you could slide whole chunks of animation up or down the timeline in one view and use the copy & paste keyframe commands for multiple layers simultaneously, over a range of frames.)

I know this would be an unwieldy number of rows to have onscreen & you wouldn't want to see all of them all of the time, but there are occasions where it's frustrating & time consuming when you can't get at the overlapping animation.

::: feature request #2 :::
It might be useful if the "add keyframe" function on the timeline also gave an option to stamp down a key on all the layers which have had a key set previously. (In other words, the layers you're animating.) It'd leave the other layers open, unlike the pulldown option to "copy current frame" with "full document" checked -- which keyframes everything all the way down the line, whether you're animating a layer or not. (Preferable sometimes, not in others.)

::: feature request #3 :::
Bezier handles to manipulate keyframe curves on the graph view of the timeline.

If I'm missing something that you've already got under the hood I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for a great program. -SD
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

It'd be awesome if there were a view option for the timeline that would display the keyframes for all layers & channels you choose - or maybe for all layers period. (Then you could slide whole chunks of animation up or down the timeline in one view and use the copy & paste keyframe commands for multiple layers simultaneously, over a range of frames.)
Absolutely! So much of how I animate is done in passes as I refine the timing of the animation. Selecting each individual piece and sliding it is time consuming and prone to errors. Being able to select multiple layers for working on the timing would really be a great addition.

Perhaps a dope sheet type setup. Where the selected layers would be rows, and the colums would be time. Each dot in the row would represent a keyframe in that layer. Nice, simple and clean. To add even more funcitonality, each row could have a spin/drop down arrow that would open it up for the specifics (rotation, translation, bone rotation, bone translation, layer, etc.)
This probably tops my request list at the moment.
________
Glass Pipes
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

kdiddy13 wrote:
This probably tops my request list at the moment.
... and is the only subject which has ever been the catalyst for anything resembling a flame war on this forum! :wink:

(Actually how much it had to do with the bezier handles is extremely debatable; we've moved on, but I am a weak man who is easily seduced by the opportunity to recall wastefully off-topic stuff.)
-Keith
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

... and is the only subject which has ever been the catalyst for anything resembling a flame war on this forum! Wink
Hah! That was all the way last year! :wink:
________