my workflow

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alongz

my workflow

Post by alongz »

hi folks!!

i want some opinion about my workflow i draw my character in adobe illustrator and save it in png format.. after that i import it in adobe photoshop and save it in png file and transfer my character into moho.. then after i used this method i can export my animation in swf format..

its a long way production can anyone tell me the shortcut.. tq
i like an animation..
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If that is the style you want (cut out style) than that is pretty much your work flow.

I don't use cut out style. I draw everything in AS. When I first started using the original Moho application, I used AI and imported (vector import, not png) but as I got better with drawing in AS I started to like it much more than AI and didn't need to use it anymore.

If you are doing cut out style animation then your work flow is correct. You could save a step and draw in AS and save out pngs but... I wouldn't see the point in that.

There seems to me to be one extra step but I'm not familar with AI png export. Does AI not have direct to png support? Why do you need to open in Photoshop?

-vern
alongz

problem with setting

Post by alongz »

i have problem with png file from ai when i export the animation to the swf format. The character images (png) does not appear at screen. I wonder is it have any setting from ai (png) before i import it to AS.

I also have difficulty drawing directly in AS couse the stroke and the colour are difficult to insert.
i like an animation..
Andrell

Post by Andrell »

yea i have the same probelm, after i draw in Anime studio i cant colour the picture properly so i end up having to do the colouring in a diffrent layer