problem with output..?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alongz

problem with output..?

Post by alongz »

hi all :D .. i have problem with output in flash :( .. i being created my character in adobe illustrator and export it in *.png (24 bit). At anime studio i create a bone and animated it. the problem is the output does'nt come out the screen but the background (draw it in anime studio) are visible. So help me how to work it out.tq :wink:
i like an animation..
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Read the manual. You can't export boned bitmaps as a Flash movie format (swf).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
alongz

hi jahnocli

Post by alongz »

ooo so sorry i did not know that.. tq friends. but acctualy i want keep the quality of the color and stroke i created in adobe illustrator because i found difficulty on drawing at moho.
i like an animation..
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

Outputting to flash I am finding takes special attention when creating your scene. In my last little Ecard I ended up drawing the characters 3 different times before they look decent when I exported them to flash. The best way that I have found is just to recreate any animated characters in AS. I know its a pain, I usually use Xara to design them then redo them again for a second time.

One tip if you are exporting to flash, the line line weights in AS don't seem to export right
What I have been doing that works well is to create my filled shape with outlines turned off. Then over the top of that manually draw the interior outlines with the pen tool so that you can reduce the number of points needed. Now the interior outlines are just shape, not outlines. For the outer outline I just make a copy of the character, scale it turn it the outline color and place it behind the toon. By tweaking the points you can recreate the look of the lines to look exactly like they would in your original vector art. Since your outlines are now shapes they seem to appear correctly when exported.

Of course if you are doing a JibJab type of animation and have to use animated raster images you might be out of luck. I haven't tried that yet.