Desperately need help with swf Audio import/export

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

byanfu

Desperately need help with swf Audio import/export

Post by byanfu »

I read in the manual that if you have an MP3 file at 44100kHz, 22050kHz, or 11025kHz sample rates that you can import and export the soundtrack in swf format. I converted my wave into 44100kHz but when I try and import the mp3 the file manager will not even see the file. I am using Audacity with the Lame encoder.

I can load the file as a WAV file, but when I export to swf there is no sound. I can't understand why AI won't load the mp3 file. I went through the forums but didn't see anything on this issue.
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

I found my answer.

viewtopic.php?t=7735&highlight=slow+flash+swf

Thank God!
byanfu

Re: Desperately need help with swf Audio (resolved)

Post by byanfu »

byanfu wrote:I read in the manual that if you have an MP3 file at 44100kHz, 22050kHz, or 11025kHz sample rates that you can import and export the soundtrack in swf format. I converted my wave into 44100kHz but when I try and import the mp3 the file manager will not even see the file. I am using Audacity with the Lame encoder.

I can load the file as a WAV file, but when I export to swf there is no sound. I can't understand why AI won't load the mp3 file. I went through the forums but didn't see anything on this issue.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

so just to clarify....

The audio file used in Flash is an MP3 counterpart to the WAV file used in AS? So Flash uses the MP3? Same file, just an MP3?
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

The only way I got it to work was to import a WAV file for the propose of animating. Then when I went to export in SWF replace that WAV file with a converted version of the same file in MP3. When it went to export it automatically worked. The weird thing is that I was not able to import that same MP3 originally into AS to be used as the sound track. When I would try to browse to it in the windows file manager it would not even show up as a supported audio file.

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or its just some sort of strange bug.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hmm...

AS doesn't support mp3 at all.

I think you just have the mp3 with the same name as the wav file in the same folder with the wav file at the same time. It is suppose to use the mp3 automatically when exporting to SWF if it exists. It must have the same name. I have not tried it yet but that is what I think is happening.

-vern
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

heyvern wrote:Hmm...

I think you just have the mp3 with the same name as the wav file in the same folder with the wav file at the same time. It is suppose to use the mp3 automatically when exporting to SWF if it exists. It must have the same name. I have not tried it yet but that is what I think is happening.

-vern
Exactly what I was trying to say.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I thought so... but wasn't absolutely sure.

;)

-vern
rplate

Post by rplate »

byanfu wrote:
heyvern wrote:Hmm...

-vern
Exactly what I was trying to say.
On a Mac...
If you still have problems playing sound, check here to set your internal speakers to 44100.0Hz
<Applications><Utilities><Audio MIDI Setup>

My setup seems to always change to 96000.0 Hz Thus, no sound for my Flash movies.